PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 10's similar to Soons

01-08-2002, 03:28 PM
10-20 game, passive on the tight sight

Played with the lineup on a few different occasions and know them fairly well.

Im UTG +1 and raise with 10s10h

Get 2 callers plus the blinds

flop ks5s4

SB leads out with a bet, bb folds I raise

Everyone folds. SB reraise I Cap.

I Put the sb on a flush draw that was the reaseon for the raise and to see were I stand. On the flop one of the callers folded QQ.

Comments?

Turn 2s

He checks I check

I put him on the flush draw so when the spade hit why bet.

Comments

river 10h

sb bet I called. After the turn I was basically done with the hand but when the ten hit I had to make the call. How many would raise?

Comments

Results

sb showed 96s

01-08-2002, 04:22 PM
nice one.

01-08-2002, 04:46 PM
If you KNEW the sb had spades AND that the later player would fold QQ, you played it perfect. As long as you realized that this scenario would require the sb to lack a brain. (Which I guess was the case).

01-08-2002, 05:08 PM
Raising the flop seems OK, but when SB repopped it I might have started to reconsider my initial read that he was betting a flush draw. With everyone behind you already having folded, I'm not sure I see the point of 4-betting your underpair. On the turn, once the flush card appears, I would fold to a bet or check behind as you did, since there appears to be little he could have that you can beat. Then when you river a set you have to at least call since he could be betting top pair.

Regarding the SB, I don't think I like his play on any street, except maybe the river bet. First he calls an early position raise with suited rags. Then he bets his flush draw into a pre-flop raiser, thereby eliminating several potential customers, and proceeds to 3-bet it heads up. Finally, when he does make a vulnerable flush on the turn he gives you a free card to outdraw him (perhaps in an effort to check-raise you).

01-08-2002, 05:18 PM
The 4-bet seems like a "quasi-free card" re-raise. I think he would have checked the turn no matter what (unless a 10 hit, or perhaps a non-spade king). Once he commits to the idea that the SB has a draw, he may as well play it this way as it might save him a SB.

01-08-2002, 05:21 PM