PDA

View Full Version : Debra Lafave Scandal

La Brujita
06-30-2004, 01:14 PM
I know I shouldn't but is anyone following this?

I even perused her wedding album this morning but the site it was on is shut down.
Smoking Gun Report (http://thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628042teach1.html)

HDPM
06-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Everybody's seen the stories. My guess is that 99.5% of heterosexual men reading it think, "Man, I wish I had her for a teacher when I was 14." She wants an all male jury I think. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ulysses
06-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Well, in case anyone was wondering, we now have a definitive answer to the question "Who is the coolest 14-year-old in the country?"

Cptkernow
06-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Surely 100%.

Talk about victimless crime.

Rushmore
06-30-2004, 01:36 PM
I have mixed feelings about this. They are these:

Human beings are designed for sexual encounters well before they are 18.

This woman, by law, is a rapist.

Obviously, any heterosexual 14-yr old boy would want to have sex with this woman. It is actually up to her if this occurs.

I don't know.

Damn, why would a woman like this want to shag a 14-yr old?

Obviously, in this society, it is unacceptable. My only point is that in our ostensibly Judeo-Christian culture, why we decide to create our own set of natural laws is debatable.

As I said, there's nothing in the physical makeup of a 14 yr old boy or girl that indicates that "God" intended them not to engage in sexual activity.

Personally, I'll be following the law of the land.

benfranklin
06-30-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why would a woman like this want to shag a 14-yr old?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because she is deranged, and should not be allowed near children.

[ QUOTE ]
My only point is that in our ostensibly Judeo-Christian culture, why we decide to create our own set of natural laws is debatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not creating natural laws. We are creating human laws designed to protect mentally immature minds from the consequences of their own animal instincts and from the predation of "adults".

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, any heterosexual 14-yr old boy would want to have sex with this woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

And most any 14-yr old girl would want to have sex with Justin Timberhead, but we have laws against that too, for good reasons.

A 14 year old wants to have sex. And drink. And drive a car. And drink and drive. Fourteen-year-olds think that they know everything, that they can do anything, and that they are immortal. Some of us know better, and and society has institituted laws to protect them from themselves and from those who don't know better.

[ QUOTE ]
I have mixed feelings about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet your mixed feelings would include horror and outrage if it were a male teacher and a female student. What's the difference? They are both right or both wrong.

astroglide
06-30-2004, 03:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/entertainment/0207/hagar.roth.pix/top.roth.vh.1.jpg

APPROVED

mikeyvegas
06-30-2004, 04:07 PM
That video was the first thing I thought of when this story got out.

Rushmore
06-30-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet your mixed feelings would include horror and outrage if it were a male teacher and a female student. What's the difference? They are both right or both wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Ben. They are both wrong, without question.

My point was a little different, perhaps not well articulated. I was saying that it is obviously clear that a human being is designed to have sexual intercourse at an age earlier than that which has been deemed acceptable by Western culture(s). This is the only reason that I don't just simply blow a gasket and go off...

... because if my 14-yr-old son or daughter were to raped by a 23-yr-old, I would go freakin nuts, and there would be a lengthy prison term in my future.

I was making a point about nature. I'm sorry I was not clear.

Please don't report me.

nef
06-30-2004, 07:01 PM
How does her husband feel? She cheated on him with a 14 yo. Must be one of the most humiliating affairs ever.

Phat Mack
07-01-2004, 06:30 AM
"Man, I wish I had her for a teacher when I was 14."

Looking at her picture I'd say she was trouble, and I don't mean "trouble" in the good way. 14 is too young to be banging crazies. That should wait until, say, the same age as legal drinking. JMO