PDA

View Full Version : LAG Action

sthief09
06-30-2004, 09:25 AM
I'm under the gun and straddle. Everyone at the table agreed we'd straddle for the next orbit. sfer had just raked a monster after straddling and hitting trips in an 8 way pot that was 5 bets preflop.

I have 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I had been playing pretty loose with connectors all night, and the table was pretty aggressive, so I had pretty much decided I would see the flop.

2 people call the $6 straddle, the guy who I think is the owner 3-bets (he would do that with all kidns of assortments of crap), another woman calls, sfer and JBB fold their blinds, and I call the $3. 5 to the flop for 16 SB.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, which means he probably has an ace, owner guy calls, woman calls, I laugh, show sfer my cards, and throw in $3. EP1 folds. 4 to the turn for 10 BB.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, EP2 bets, both fold to me, I don't know why but I check-raised and he called.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I grab $6 in chips and check with them in my hand (just like those guys do when they have nothing and they want the person to check behind). he bet, I check-raised and MHIG.

so I'm pretty much just wondering abut the flop call. I made the call because I straddled, but when I thought about it, I realized that it's probably a good call.

prayformojo
06-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Sorry for posting this here, but it's driving me nuts. What does LAG stand for? All of the other acronyms I have seen before or can figure out from the context. This one, no idea.

sthief09
06-30-2004, 10:05 AM
loose aggressive

sfer
06-30-2004, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2 people call the $6 straddle, the guy who I think is the owner 3-bets (he would do that with all kidns of assortments of crap), another woman calls, sfer and JBB fold their blinds, and I call the $3. 5 to the flop for 16 SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's just a manager but I concur with the read. She would would call with anything. Or since I have seen her fold approximately 3 hands preflop in about 2.5 hours of playing I assume she plays any hand. She is absolutely terrible. The other night, after playing at a table with myself and JBB, she asked what else was available to play. 30/60 HOE? Put me in. Two markedly raised eyebrows.

[ QUOTE ]
I check, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, which means he probably has an ace, owner guy calls, woman calls, I laugh, show sfer my cards, and throw in $3. EP1 folds. 4 to the turn for 10 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh made the characterization of the night on EP2. I pointed out that he bets any time he has a piece of the flop, and Josh said, "Me hand hand; me bet."

bdk3clash
06-30-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so I'm pretty much just wondering abut the flop call. I made the call because I straddled, but when I thought about it, I realized that it's probably a good call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Aren't you getting something like an immediate 20:1 on the pot odds alone to call here? Your backdoor flush draw is good for 2 outs, and you've got some backdoor straight possibilites (JohnnyBoomBoom knows how much fun those are!), so I think this is an easy call, implied odds and all.

Either this was after I left, or it was during my dealer-error freakout, because I don't remember this hand, and I think I would have.

MaxPower
06-30-2004, 10:39 AM
I think it is a good call.

About 7% of the time you will hit runner-runner and win at least 11.5 BB

27% of the time you will pick up a draw on the turn and miss of the river losing 1.5 BB

66% of the time you will miss on the turn and lost .5BB

so

(.07 * 11.5) + (.27 * -1.5) + (.66 * -.5) = .07 BB

I suppose it is a little more complicated than that. Your true EV might be a little less, but it looks OK to me.