PDA

View Full Version : a party 2/4 PL hand worth posting? no way!

muzungu
06-30-2004, 05:51 AM
here it is:

I am in bb with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif and $220.

EP raises to 9, folded to SB (haven't seen him before, but he seems good and possibly tricky. He has $440), who min-raises to 14. I mull it over and make it 40 to go. EP folds, SP calls.

Flop: 954, 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks, i bet 60, SP calls.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

SB sets me all-in for 120. I fold.

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

-muz

muzungu
07-05-2004, 04:54 AM
(bump)

theBruiser500
07-05-2004, 05:15 AM
You're getting decent pot odds, $220 in the pot to your $120 to call. It's a little tough to fold this with all the money you got in preflop and on the flop and your small stack. I think this one is very player dependent. Against a lot of the PS regulars, tight, straightforward, I'd fold 95% of the time here and not think twice about it, against the wacky fishies I'd beat him into the pot, with most people I'd have to call this one. If you respect your opponent, looks like a good fold but I'd lean towards calling.

BTW, I like, "c'mon people, you comment on all of gomez' hands"

ALSO, PLEASE MAKE SPICYF STOP BLOCKING ME.

Unvme
07-05-2004, 06:55 AM
You dont really have a good reason to call here unless your opponent is a poor player. You arent beating anything he would call on the flop with. Possible hands are obviously a set, QQ, or a flush. Why he would call on the flop then raise on the turn with anything other than these hands doesnt make sense for a good player. Since he raised Preflop and called your reraise to $40 you cant put him on any straight draws there. Its pretty simple in my mind. You could be winning, but without the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif you cant call

Daann
07-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Considering your read of good/possibly tricky, I would call here as I personally think that a flopped set/AA was more likely to have either lead into you or checkraised all in on the flop and QQ to have made a smaller bet on the turn so that you would have called or just checked. A flush was just about getting the implied odds to call, but it would have been borderline and if he was a good player, I don't think he would have made it. I would definetely expect this analysis to be good enough of the time to make this call.

cornell2005
07-05-2004, 12:10 PM
for once, id fold. he can really only have 3 hands here if hse not putting a move on, AA, QQ, or AQ. AA is more likely then QQ, which is alot more likely than AQ. clearly you lose to AA or QQ. (if he were to min raise AQ preflop, he would very likely have done so with the intent of taking it away on the flop. its very unlikely he would have called the flop with the intent of trying to pair up on the turn for many reasons.

if he were to put a move on this hand, he would be much more likely to do so on the flop. its not out of the realm of possibility to call bluff the flop with the intent of taking it away on the turn, as its a very good play, but i very rarely see it online in this game. additionally, you almost feel committed by the turn, so deciding to play it this way wouldnt be as effective in that sense than taking it away on the flop.