PDA

View Full Version : A hand against Moneymaker

Inthacup
06-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Moneymaker has been playing 15-30 at Party the last few nights. I've played a few hands against him, but nothing special. He's been playing way aggro and has been causing some great action at the tables. He's been doing things like raise w/ virtually any 2, cap preflop with KQ, capping the flop, 3-betting the turn and folding to a cap and has been doing a considerable amount of bluffing.

He sat down a few hands ago at my table, but I played with him enough the night before to know his style.

He open raises on the button, I just call in the BB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, he bets, I call

Turn: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, he bets, I call

River: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check with the intention of calling.

How do you like my play so far and what would you do if he bets again?

Cup

astroglide
06-30-2004, 02:11 AM
how is it you know it's him?

MarkD
06-30-2004, 02:13 AM
I like how you have played it so far but think you should have bet the river here. He is likely going to check it behind you with a smaller pocket pair but would possibly be willing to call your bet.

What's his username? I think he is a famous enough figure that his nick could be made public (or maybe I'm the only one out of the loop).

Inthacup
06-30-2004, 02:16 AM
His screen name, his home city and some table chat he had with some railbirds.

I was very skeptical it was him at first, but over time, I felt pretty confident it was him. Of course, there is a small possibility it could be a very well done imposter and I'm just an idiot.

Cup

Burno
06-30-2004, 02:54 AM
This is just a thought, and I very well could be wrong, but I thought Moneymaker had some sort of business relationship with Pokerstars. I would assume such an arrangement discourages him from playing on other sites, especially Pstars biggest competition. Anybody know?

Thomsen
06-30-2004, 04:20 AM
u checked with the intention of calling....so if he bets - call. good plan.

surfdoc
06-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Hu Cup,
I like it. Lose the least, win the most approach. I don't think tossing in a bet on the river would be wise here. Even if he is playing wildly he may have an A. Check call again. I could be wrong as it is hard for me to concentrate on your posts....I just can't stop watching that little yellow dude gettin his swerve on.

1800GAMBLER
06-30-2004, 07:29 AM
MM should be playing in the brit open in London now. I spoke to him in Dublin and he said he was going to London and Paris. Of course, he still could get an internet connection.

In the hand i'd bet out at one time or another.

Buckshot
06-30-2004, 09:06 AM
If this is the same guy that a railbird told me was Moneymaker then I would be putting more bets into the pot at every street. The dude playing that moniker is a total fish.

~stephen

SinCityGuy
06-30-2004, 09:47 AM
It could very well be an online imposter.

I remember that GoT played against a Moneymaker imposter in a B&M game.

Broyle Dunson
06-30-2004, 10:14 AM
I played in a 30/60 at the Bellagio and he was on my immediate right.He came in ,sat down and bought 1500 in chips,posted in the 2 spot,the very next hand he was UTG and straddled it for 60 and made it 90 without looking.each time he was UTG he straddled.One time he raised in early position,I had 2 AAs and rehit it,I got a raise in on the turn and made a 4 card wheel on the river and he paid me off.He left a few hands later but he couldnt stand it and mumbled to me that he had 2 KKs and he was off to play no limit.The whole time he played he was barking into a cell phone.Each conversation started off the same.HI! Chris here....Chris Moneymaker blah blah.Playing aggressive and just being out of control with a lot of cash are 2 different things.In LimitHoldem this guy is Ultra Live and is welcome.Maybe No Limit works better for him or he was trying to create action,but it was pointless because he left after a couple of rounds.