PDA

View Full Version : Playin Ax suited?

Jonny
06-30-2004, 01:57 AM
Limp from early position. Raise from late. What is standard for 2/4 and 3/6 games. I am used to NL and am trying to make adjustments.

cold_cash
06-30-2004, 02:19 AM
How low is your "x" and what kind of a table is it?

Jonny
06-30-2004, 02:21 AM
x= any card 9 or lower. Table is 8 or 9 handed. With 3-4 seeing the flop on avg.

TRWIII
06-30-2004, 02:34 AM
I personally dont limp lower than A7s in EP unless you're in a loose passive game, but Ill limp with any suited ace from MP if Ive got a couple limpers ahead of me (and be more inclined to raise first in the closer I get to the button). On the CO or button one of a few things generally happen:

1) If I only have 2-3 limpers, Ill limp too.
2) If I get more than 3 limpers I'll raise with any suited ace just to build pot equity (maybe a litlle laggy, but its worked so far)
3) I'll raise first in if its folded to me and hope to pick up the pot there or on the flop.
4) If its raised in early position and Ive got 3 or so cold callers Ill cold call too, fewer than 3 and I fold unless its AJs or better
5) If i get three or more limpers then someone raises in front of me, Ill cold call fully expecting the limpers to call the raise.

I think that covers everything. (Oh and tend to always raise any unraised pot with AJs or better).

Just my 2 cents,
TRWIII

cold_cash
06-30-2004, 02:35 AM
If they're seeing the flop for one bet, limp away.

If they're going berzerk, don't.