PDA

View Full Version : Check and call the whole way

DaveB
06-30-2004, 01:49 AM
3 bets from unknowns in these games tend to be strong hands. Is playing this passively bad here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises, MP 3-bets, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Thomsen
06-30-2004, 05:04 AM
if you know you want to go to showdown its ok imo

trillig
06-30-2004, 05:37 AM
I hate these scenarios, and I am folding them happily more now, mainly because the amount ventured isn't for enough gained, IMHO.

Now if I had a QT instead for a pair of Queens, then I'd be more likely to CALL down.

I had this happen tonite, very aggressive lady, winds up she has K5o with K on flop vs. my KTs, I just called her all the way and my kicker won, but knowing player after 2 hours+ helped.... She was tricky, and had played Axs and even as low as 45s as if they were aces earlier, and had thumped pots earlier a few times with TP no kicker... I wasn't sure enough to raise her though! LOL!

-Bri