PDA

View Full Version : damnit....i suck for a whole new reason

umdpoker
06-30-2004, 01:24 AM
should i have min-raised this turn, or just smoothcalled and tried to push on the river. when you got the nuts, you would think that decisions become easier. for some reason, i thought that a $10 raise was just big enough to get him committed on the river, yet just small enough that he pretty much had to call. i guess i was wrong.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (10 handed)

BB ($25)
UTG ($63)
UTG+1 ($17)
UTG+2 ($46.28)
MP1 ($15.55)
MP2 ($13.80)
MP3 ($19.55)
Hero ($55.20)
Button ($61.35)
SB ($30.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $1, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, MP3 calls $1, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($7.25) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 bets $2, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $7, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $5.

Turn: ($21.25) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 bets $5, Hero raises to $15, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: $41.25

Nemesis
06-30-2004, 04:19 AM
If he had no diamonds that board was scary even if it hadn't paired anything... a smooth call was probably the best way to go IMO. *warning* i'm an uneducated n00b.

umdpoker
06-30-2004, 05:17 AM
the funny thing is that i thought it was possible for him to be on a flush draw after his flop bet and quick call. this is why i thought it was best to get the pot a little bigger for a river push. however, in hindsight, i think smoothcalling would show fear of the flush, which could have caused all sorts of fun things to happen. for one, he might have decided to try a bluff on the river. 2nd, he might have thought i was bluffing on the river with a push after a smoothcall. 3rd, he might bet the river thinking his flush is good. anybody else have a standard play that seems to be the most +ev?

Guy McSucker
06-30-2004, 05:47 AM
I read your opponent for no hand at all here. If he has a flush, he's coming with you. If he has a ten, he's calling at least. He doesn't have an overpair or he'd have let you know about it on the flop.

At best he has a nine here. Whatever, he's not going to put any more money in.

I think your raise is fine.

Guy.