PDA

View Full Version : QQ....a unique 2/4 hand

Jonny
06-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>,

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.75 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (9.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qh Qs (three of a kind, queens).
MP3 shows Ac 3c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 9.75 BB. </font>

Comments on all streets greatly appreciated.
1) should I have checked the flop. I'm thinking not because of a draw happy board.
2) Turn: completes the 3-flush, but gives me a set. Check call and hope he doesnt have the flush, or bet out and get a pair of aces to call? No clue on this one.
3) River, should i have laid it down or made the crying call?

TRWIII
06-30-2004, 01:21 AM
1) Bet the flop heads up every time.
2) Bet the turn, because its more likely he has just a pair of aces and a flush draw than he has a made flush.
3) Ick. You're getting 8.75 - 1 that he doesn't have a flush or straight (straight's very unlikely). I think he'd probably call with 2 pair, AK or something else that you can beat more often than 10% of the time, so I'd probably make the crying call. At 2/4 I really dislike folding the river if you have a decent hand for 1BB because you see so many bad hands shown down at that limit.

On a side note, although Im sure you already know this, it's practically never right to fold a set before the river, because you almost always getting sufficient pot odds to draw to the full house.

Hope I was of some help,
TRWIII

RustedCorpse
07-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Bet.
Bet.
Call.

I would probably never fold a set heads up with that pot, check calling if it got real hecktic.

JohnShaft
07-14-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2) Turn: completes the 3-flush, but gives me a set. Check call and hope he doesnt have the flush, or bet out and get a pair of aces to call? No clue on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet it? Hell yeah.
Not only would I bet it I would 3-bet once Raised. (I've read the result and I'd still do it.)

I'd do it especially because.
1. MP3 didn't raise the flop. A lot of flush draws will, thus reducing the chance it's a flush draw.
2. While the A /images/graemlins/club.gif isn't out the fact that the QJ are reduces the chance that your opponent has a flush draw because a cold calling suited hand would be more likely to contain one of these cards than a random rag.
3. People will raise you here with 1 pair a bit, and 2 pair all the time.
4. It's at Party and you'll get semi-bluffed at a lot here.

I really think the 3-bet is worthwhile. I ain't played much PP 2/4 but what I've played above there tells me to 3-bet.

I like your checkcall on the River. You can be shown a lot of funky hands here you beat. And almost 9-1 is definitely enough for me to call.

But yeah I like the 3-bet for sure. Checking that Turn fearing the Flush is way to weak-tight when you have 2nd set, and given all the conditions above.

spydog
07-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Heads up it's an easy bet on the flop. I 3-bet this turn as well. He could be bluff-raising his flush draw and I want to make him pay, especially since I have full house outs on the river.

The river is a toughie. I have to make this crying call.