I am BB with T5500,
SB has T500
Button has T4000
blinds are 40-80

button min raises
sb goes allin
I have AKo and push allin
I am sure i have sb beat cuz he is on tilt and he went allin the previous hand

Button says, "that is the worst move u can make in poker" or something like that and folds.

He explains to me that I should have let him in so we both have a shot at knocking out sb. I disagreed in this situation, had it been a far smaller pot then i would have at least considered letting the button in and check it down. first, i did notknow he was the type of player that would check it down, second I wanted to protect my hand when i figured to be the best of all 3. I am %80 confident I made the correct move. Even if I didnt make the correct decision I couldnt care that much since its only for UB pts

So my question is, should i have just called to let the button in?

Anborn
06-30-2004, 01:15 AM
i did the same thing in the same situation, with the same hand earlier today... 3 handed ub sng pts for pts. of course my other player said nh and was done with it.

my perspective: given the situation the shortstack really has no chance to catchup, so no idea what the other guy is complaining about. and sounds more like he's bummed he didn't get to play his middle pocket pairs, or some such nonsense to win the little guys stack.

SparkMan
06-30-2004, 01:50 AM
I think it applies more after the flop. i.e. Blasting the other big stack out after the flop with no hand and the all-in ends up winning with King high. I've seen that a lot and it makes no sense. I've seen players bet on the end with virtually no chance of beating any hand and there's no side pot. On the other hand I see no problem with your all-in move. Is he going to check to the end if he flops a good hand. I doubt it.

vetman81
06-30-2004, 02:31 AM
I faced a similar situation. However, there were four people left and only the top three were paid. I was in the chip lead. I held AK, short stack went all in, next guy calls, and I go all in over the top, forcing the middle man out. Short stack holds A7, catches a 7 and doubles up. Meanwhile, the middle guy had TT. If I had let him in, or if he would have called, the short stack would have been knocked out. Several hands later, I end up being the one knocked out in fourth. I feel that in this situation I definitely should have let the other player in rather than isolate, but that is in hindsight.

In your situation, where you are already in the money, I wouldn't let the third guy in and let him catch a 3 outer, etc. and win a big pot. I think you played it right. Just my two cents.