PDA

View Full Version : unsure of how i played this tricky hand

06-30-2004, 12:38 AM
SB is a decent player from what i'd seen, MP3 probably isn't great.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (9 handed)

Hero ($14.50)
UTG ($34.60)
UTG+1 ($8.65)
MP1 ($8.50)
MP2 ($7.95)
MP3 ($4.25)
CO ($29.25)
Button ($25.10)
SB ($25.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets $1, Hero calls $1, MP3 raises to $2, CO folds, SB calls $1, Hero calls $1.

raise? i thought about raising both times around but decided to see what the turn brought first.

Turn: ($7) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets $7, Hero folds, MP3 calls $2 (All-In).

i didnt like the turn card or the situation, so i folded. is this a "push and pray" situation? is it failing to raise the flop that made this a tough play? i thought maybe i had him beat but i figured the only good hand i beat is 89.

River: ($16) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $16
<font color="green">Main Pot: $11, between MP3 and SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $5, returned to SB.</font>

thoughts?

FeelGoodAboutHood
06-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Trying to win a big pot by slowplaying top and bottom pair on that board is a big mistake as far as i'm concerned. You've got to try and win that pot as soon as possible, and i think I would have re-raised the MP3 a substansial amount and, if called, proceeded with extreme caution from then on. But I think a flat call on the flop is not a good idea.

Manimal
06-30-2004, 06:17 AM
Gotta raise the flop.

Tough, tough laydown on the turn. Do you really think that K made him a bigger two pair? A set seems unlikely, since he really should have given it more action preflop or on the flop, so I think you can safely rule that out.

That leaves JT, KQ, K9, K8, and Q9 as the hands that beat you. I'd be interested to see what they each turned over, as I suspect you were still very ahead on the turn.

Peace,
Matt

06-30-2004, 08:33 AM
SB and i had the same hand and MP3 flopped the straight.