PDA

View Full Version : 5,000 Hands and Thanks 2+2

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-29-2004, 05:27 PM
About a month ago, I started to post here and use Pokertracker. The two of these, especially 2+2, have helped my game greatly. I used to be a winning player most of the tine, but that's only because I played very weak-tight and people at Party 0.5/1 are bad. Thanks to everyone here I've found and plugged lots of leaks. For example, when I first started posting here, I didn't even know to raise w/JJ.

I've also become much less results oriented which has let me feel much better (but still not good /images/graemlins/grin.gif) after rediculous beats.

Anyway, although I've come a long way from a month ago, I realize that I have a very very long way to go. So, here are my PT stats from my first 5,000 hands. I know you can't get a lot from these, but I'm curious if any of them are way off.

VP$IP: 20.84
VP$I from SB: 51.88
Folded SB to Steal: 77.78
Folded BB to Steal: 83.33
Att. to Steal: 25.00
BB/100 Hands: 4.40
Edit: forgot PFR: 6.15

I think the stealing blinds numbers might be kind of weak. What are good numbers for these?

Anyway, I'm going to keep posting hands here and thanks to everyone that helps when I do.

-Craig

SomethingClever
06-29-2004, 05:33 PM
I might be weak, but I think the steal number is high. Depends on what you're stealing with, I guess.

Also, what's your pre-flop raise %? That's a critical one.

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-29-2004, 05:39 PM
ok, it's there now.

SomethingClever
06-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Looks pretty good, although I'd try to bump up the PFR a point or two and consider dropping the VP$IP a point or two.

Just my $0.02.

Congrats on the nice win rate through 5k hands!

uuDevil
06-29-2004, 05:53 PM
From NoChance's PokerTracker Post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=780746&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1) it looks like your VP$IP from SB is too high. He said 30-35% would be optimal and that range seems reasonable to me.

gojacketz
06-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Definitely get the Preflop Raises up a little bit. Mine were low and are steadily climbing as I play more hands at the 1/2 level.

I think what you have realized like so many of us here is that you can indeed beat the micro limit games playing a weak-tight game, but through the analysis of your play with PokerTracker combined with feedback from the masses here at 2+2, there is a better way to beat those games, one that will be a springboard for higher limits.

Good luck,

Gojacketz

Siingo
06-29-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty good, although I'd try to bump up the PFR a point or two and consider dropping the VP$IP a point or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not think that you need to dropp you VP$IP more. Not at .5/1. It is so loose there that you shall play more hands there, than you do at the higher limits.

Good luck in the future!