PDA

View Full Version : FPS kills me.....

01-05-2002, 06:08 PM
15/30 hold'em, I'm in the SB with 8c7c. Button open raises. I call, BB folds. Button is weak, so I know if he doesnt flop a good pair I can push him off his hand. In fact, if he open raises from late position I will sometimes 3 bet him with trash because its so easy to push him a hand if the flop is trash. I wonder if he realizes I always sit to his left? :-)

Flop comes down JJ7. Instead of betting it out and taking in a 75 dollars pot, I get Fancy Play Syndrome and go for the check-raise. Which is stupid because I know he will check unless he has 2 big overcards here.

So the button checks it through and a 9 comes on the turn. I bet, he calls. River gets checked through and he shows me K9. I cost myself 105 bucks because I was stupid. I am 100% sure he would have layed down K9 if I bet the flop.

01-05-2002, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand your rationale for going with the checkraise. If he's weak enough to throw away K9 heads up with position on that board, then what do you do if he bets? I would think that he's got you beat. He'll probably fold to your checkraise if he doesn't - you've only gained 15 bucks, with the added risk of the free card. Bet for value with this guy on the flop. Bet it all the way if not raised. If he raises you, you need to decide if you're gonna call him down or just let it go (this is stongly player dependent).