PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 pages dying for anyone else?

JohnShaft
06-29-2004, 12:00 PM
No, this isn't some rant about "what's wrong with..."

It's just that, starting about a week ago the 2+2 pages seem to regularly die after loading.
I'll hit a Forum Header, the page will load, and then go to the blank page "cannot be displayed" thing.
Not only that but it keeps deciding to open up a new browser window randomly. It's annoying as hell, and makes it very tough to post.
It's taking me like 2/3 times longer to surf/post etc as I have to keep trying to load the page I want until it takes.

Is it just me, or is it this upgrade?

daveymck
06-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Just you, mine has been fine on all 3 pc's that I access from.

JohnShaft
06-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Gah, I hoped it wasn't.
Thing is I've changed nothing from when it started happening and this is the ONLY page that has this behaviour. It really seemed like a Forum Software issue to me. :/

GWB
06-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Sorry, 2+2 is running fine.

CORed
06-29-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm not having any problems with it. It's possible that it's a browser issue. I'm using IE6 on WinXP.

MicroBob
06-29-2004, 03:24 PM
my security-software (mcaffee) detected some kind of Trojan Horse (which i learned is technically NOT the same thing as a virus) that was affecting my home-page on explorer.

i had it set to 2+2.....but it kept reverting to blank-pages no matter how long i reset the home-page.
it was taking me quite awhile sometimes to get where i was trying to go.

anyway, finally got the trojan-horse thing quarantined (my security wasn't able to delete it) and computer seems to be working fine again.

so you may want to try scanning all your files with whatever security software you might have.

BottlesOf
06-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Only once or twice today, though.