PDA

View Full Version : big draw

01-02-2002, 06:15 PM
I have AdKc in cutoff. UTG limps, late middle player limps, I raise. Button calls, blinds fold.

Flop is 8 4 2, with 3 diamonds. UTG checks, late middle bets, I raise, button folds. UTG calls 2 cold, late - middle calls.

Tirn is another 4. Check, check, I check.

River is a 3rd 4. Check, check, check.

Any thought on the flop and turn decisions? Thanks - I am a bit rusty after a couple months off.

Dan Z.

01-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Your play looks straight forward to me. Part of the reason to raise on the flop is to get it heads-up increasing the chances of being able to win in case you make a pair.

01-02-2002, 10:24 PM
I'd bet the turn then check the river (if there was a river).

01-03-2002, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't bet the turn, because you could easily be check-raised by a made flush or trips. I think Dan Z. correctly took the free card here.

01-03-2002, 12:31 AM
Dan,

The raise on the flop is almost automatic. Not only do you have top overcards, but you also have the nut flush draw. You are a money favorite here from flop to finish and can handle (but not welcome) a reraise, which should also make the hand easier to fold on the river if you don’t improve.

On the turn why not bet? This will drop middle cards (which you want) and you can always check behind on the river if you don’t improve and they check.

When the third four comes on the river you should be betting for value after they check. They generally would have bet a pair after your turn check and I think you can get a call out of a weaker ace.

Regards,

Rick

01-03-2002, 06:47 AM
You've represented the nut ace to this point, so anyone holding 4s full of whatever would be betting. Since they haven't, I'd surmise that nut-no-pair is best here. Your Ad prevents late-middle from having A2s.

01-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Here's the results -

UTG has AcTd (yuck).

Middle player mucks, I assume a KJ or KQ or QJ with a diamond.

I win.

I can't see the river being called, but that's just me. I was going to bet the turn again, but UTG's cold call scared me into thinking he had a

big hand, as people limping there without an ace will usually have suited hands or pocket pairs.

Looking back, betting the turn again would have been better. I doubt a river bet gets called, but anything's possible, and it's extremely likely I am best.

Thanks for the replies.

Dan Z.