PDA

View Full Version : Can I wear steel-toed shoes onto planes?

chson
06-29-2004, 11:01 AM
I haven't been on a plane in a few years so I'm wondering if wearing steel-toed shoes would be a problem.

The shoes have a business casual look that no one would suspect are steel-toed.

cardcounter0
06-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Sure. Of course, they will set off the metal detector. You will then be moved aside for a secondary screening. You will have to remove your shoes, and they will wand your feet. Then they will run your shoes thru the x-ray machine, and you are on your way.
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

risen
06-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Full cavity search man. I'm talkin roto-rooter.

sfer
06-29-2004, 11:30 AM
This is pretty much right, I think. I wore a pair of dressy oxfords that have steel shanks in their welting on a post-9/11 flight and this was the drill I went through.

NutCrackerr
06-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Just take off your shoes before you go through the detector and run them through the x-ray. Most airports even have little platforms you can put your foot on to determine if you need to take your shoes off or not.

John Deere
06-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Yep, just take 'em off and put them through the metal detector. Not a big deal at all.

Sundevils21
06-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Just out of curiousity, why is this posted in the B&M forum? OT?

Easy E
06-29-2004, 04:34 PM
why is this posted at all? Is there something special about these shoes? Are they his defense against crooks raiding underground games he plays in?

If he didn't like our answers, would he sue the airline or refuse to post here any more?

Confused and Curious

CountDuckula
06-29-2004, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiousity, why is this posted in the B&M forum? OT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he's flying somewhere to play poker, and figured others of us here might have done the same and thus be in a position to advise him. Does every single post need to be rigidly on-topic?

-Mike

Sundevils21
06-29-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does every single post need to be rigidly on-topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it doesn't. But that is why there are 20+ forums. I guess you could post small stakes hands in the High stakes forum, but why?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing he's flying somewhere to play poker, and figured others of us here might have done the same and thus be in a position to advise him

[/ QUOTE ]

So since he is probably going to play poker at a b&m on his trip that involves flying, the question goes in the b&m forum? Strange logic.
I think we need a forum called "Steel toed boots on planes". Or maybe a forum where all other(not related to a specific forum) posts could go... oh wait, that's the Other Topics forum.
As you can tell this is a subject near and dear to my heart,lol /images/graemlins/wink.gif(sarcasm)

chson
06-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks for alleviating my airport security concerns and I apologize for using the wrong forum.

tyfromm
06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
This is the right forum. Travel topics like "wheres the best room to stay at" are routinely posted here. Get a Clue SunDoofus.