PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 hand

01-01-2002, 11:00 AM
10 handed 10-20 game. Mostly weak-loose players.

I have K(s)Q(d) at BB. 3 players limp, SB folds, I check, so 4 of us see the flop, which is K(h)8(h)2(s). I bet and get called by 2 players. Turn is K(c), and I bet my trip. One player folds and the other (mid-late position) raises. I reraise, he calls. River is 9(s). I bet and he calls.

Any comments are appreciated and result later.

01-01-2002, 02:27 PM
I would have played the hand the same way. You have to reraise the turn because if a heart falls on the river you will have to check call. The other player could have easily raised the turn with two pair and a heart draw, or even just a heart draw. Sure, it is possible he has a full house, but I think you will come out on top most of the time.

01-02-2002, 09:33 AM
If this is Foxwoods (you've posted Foxwoods 10-20 hands before), I think you can successfully check-raise the flop like 90% of the time. If you and the next guy check, one of those other two is going to crack under the pressure and bet with damn near anything. It's like there's a moral commitment not to give a free flop in that game or something.

But since I'm one of your likely past and future opponents, maybe I should start offering advice that I think is either crocked or tries to push you into being more predictable /images/smile.gif

--JMike

01-03-2002, 12:52 AM
The other guy had pocket 8s, so I lost to his full house. Still couldn't believe he played his boat so meekly.

And yes, Mike, it was at foxwoods. I agree with what you said about the game - those players like positional bet, and you can checkraise them a lot on the flop. I sometimes checkraise (semi)bluff, and they are likely to fold to my follow-up turn bet if they have less than top pair or a good draw.

As for the very hand I posted, I woulda gone for a checkraise on the flop if there were no flush draw on board.

01-03-2002, 01:27 AM
What would you do if you get re-reraised on the turn?

Assume you call, and get no help from the river, what would you do then?

01-03-2002, 09:12 AM
If I three-bet the turn and oppo four-bet it --

In theory I'd like to think I'd fold unless the opponent were a known maniac.

In practice I'd probably call, and then on a blank I'd check and crying call, and be shown K8, and then sit in a dark gloom for the next several hands trying to make myself believe that I'll get the same action when I happen to be the guy on the K8 next year when this hand comes around again.