PDA

View Full Version : do you have a doctorate in psychology?

jdl22
06-29-2004, 05:21 AM
Just curious as it seems everybody has one.

Malarky
06-29-2004, 11:21 AM
I am a Psychology Cyborg built by Freud

ewile
06-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Psy.D. in Clinical/ School Psych
Yeshiva University, Da Bronx!

Al Schoonmaker
06-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Welcome. Good to have another one joining us. I just had lunch with Bigbaitsim and his wife. He is a Psy.D. in private practice in VA.
By chance my daughter did her undergrad at Stern, which is part of Yeshiva U. But it's in Manhattan.
I'm always glad to read that another psychologist is posting here.
Regards,
Al

ewile
06-29-2004, 08:51 PM
thanks,
I'd been lurking for a while and started posting recently. I didn't know any undergrads at Yeshiva when I was there. I only did my doctoral degree there, so the only people I knew were those in my classes.
LAter,
Ed

Dan Mezick
06-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Every winning poker player has a 'street PhD' in psychology.

How could it be otherwise?

StellarWind
06-30-2004, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Every winning poker player has a 'street PhD' in psychology.

How could it be otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]
I certainly have no such delusions. I know my weaknesses when I see them.

A winning player needs to make the correct play most of the time. It is not necessary that he make it for any specific reason. It is a rare situation where there is only one way to determine the correct play. A talented psychological player might make the winning play for a psychological reason and congratulate himself on his insight. And he would be right to do so.

I might well have missed the point entirely, yet make the same play for mathematical or logical reasons. I would be equally pleased with myself. Quite possibly neither of us would ever realize we missed something.