PDA

View Full Version : Humanizing GWB in F/911

craig r
06-29-2004, 05:07 AM
Did anybody else feel that Moore humanized GWB? It was strange, because i never thought i would say this, but i felt sorry for him. It was kind of like he didn't really want to have any part of this, but for whatever reason, got thrown into it. I don't know, I guess i just see him differently than i did before i saw the movie. don't get me wrong, i don't agree with him politically or socially at all (still, always, forever, etc..). i could be wrong, but i felt Moore humanized bush, while demonizing his dad, cheney, osama, and ashcroft. just curious if anybody else picked up on this (or maybe i saw it differently).

craig

07-01-2004, 11:53 AM
He made W come of as exactly what he is: a man positioned completely out of his league by circumstances over which he had very little control. If the cultural war we are currently ensnared in continues to grow in both depth and hatred, GW could very well be portrayed as a tragic leader, in the classic sense.

ThaSaltCracka
07-01-2004, 11:59 AM
interesting perspective, all though there was so stuff that demonized him. Like his speech on the golf course in which he says "we must stop the terrorist killers(which I still think sounds really stupid)..... thank you..... now watch this drive" Then the whole " Looks like we have the haves and the have-mores here, some people call you the elite, I call you my base thing." But I can sort of see what your saying. He looks like someone in over is head in the movie.

sameoldsht
07-01-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't agree with him politically or socially at all (still, always, forever, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is off topic but I find this intersting. You will never, ever agree with Bush, no matter what, always and forever? You have a crystal ball or something?

craig r
07-01-2004, 12:58 PM
i was not being completely serious. i was trying to show that even though i don't agree with his actions, etc... that 1) i can still feel compassion for him 2) that you don't have to make someone appear evil in order to disagree with them.

craig

cardcounter0
07-01-2004, 01:40 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the statement.

The man has a long, long track record of consistent behavior. He could say something tomorrow that one would totally agree with, but bet your bottom dollar, if it is in his best interest to do the total opposite the day after tomorrow, you will be screwed.

Ask former business partners, former stockholders, taxpayers, or anyone who has loaned a Bush business venture money.

paland
07-01-2004, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was not being completely serious. i was trying to show that even though i don't agree with his actions, etc... that 1) i can still feel compassion for him 2) that you don't have to make someone appear evil in order to disagree with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
To be honest, it's not Bush that scares me, but the puppeteers that rule behind the scenes. Sometimes I feel sorry for the dumb clown (Bush).