PDA

View Full Version : 9-18 hand

12-31-2001, 07:53 PM
i have KJo in utg and i limp. (this is a LOOSE PASSIVE 9-18 game so if youre going to tell me to fold this hand in this sort of game utg then please save it for someone who will listen.) im looking for opinions on my postflop play here.

3 more players limp in and the button raises. bb calls, i call and so does everyone else. 6 players, 12 small bets.

flop is KJ9. J9 are of diamonds and i have the Kd.

i check, next guy bets, 1 caller, raiser raises, i make it 3 bets, next guy caps it, limper calls 3 cold, and raiser calls. 4 players, 14 big bets.

the turn is 8h. i bet, next guy raises, next guy calls two cold, raiser folds. i call.

the river is a 2s. i check, next guy bets, limper folds, i call.

any comments?

12-31-2001, 08:27 PM
Hard to put this guy on anything other than Q-10 isn't it? Maybe a set of 9's but I'm not coming up with any cap flop, raise turn, bet river hands that top 2 can beat other than the same hand. Flop 3-bet is fine, and the turn bet is mandatory IMO. By now you have to call because of the size of the pot, and on the river, your only decision is whether or not the size of the pot justifies paying this guy off. Hope he had the same hand, and I probabaly pay him off too, but its hard to imagine that you are good here.

01-01-2002, 02:54 AM
Flop: Check-raising seems best since the button was the pre-flop raiser.

Turn: I might have tried 3-betting the turn but just calling is probably better.

River: check and call for the big pot is good.

Pre-flop: This sounds like a terrible game to play KJo even on the button. Big unsuited cards are money losers in multi-way pots.

01-01-2002, 03:05 AM
Hmmm, I have to disagree with Clarkmeister a little bit here...the river call here is automatic...too many people push any two pair too hard....yeah, there's a serious chance you are beat, but K9, KQ, KT, J9, are all possibilities...also, if the bettor has something like ATd, and he likes to push draws.

Now, I'm going to do the one thing you told me not to. I'm going to suggest AGAINST playing KJo in early position in loose passive games... If many people see the flop, well, that's bad. KJo does NOT play well in multi-way pots. I think (though somebody should correct me if I'm wrong), that S+M reccommend playing even AJo in multiway pots...I'm not sure that I agree with that (depending on the lineup, of course), but KJo is too weak. Plus, there is still the possibility that you are hugely dominated. There, I said it, you still probably disagree, but that's what makes the world great.

Otherwise, I like the way you played it /images/smile.gif

Worm

01-01-2002, 03:30 PM
Seems to me there is a lot of raising for a "PASSIVE" game, (was this at the Commerce?).

I think that your opponent flopped a straight, since he continues to raise with the 8 on the turn. Passive players usually slow down when a scare card comes.

Just my opinion,

Jim

01-01-2002, 04:32 PM
Mike,

I ink when a preflop limper makes it 4 bets on a K-J-9 flop (Especially a loose-passive game) I put them on A:Q-10, B: A set of 9's. Either way I am pretty far behind. I think the check raise on the flop is fine, but on the turn I think it is a time for a bit of caution. I think I check and call, and check and fold the river. (Athough..and this could well be wrong if I felt strongly that they had the nut str8 I would check fold the turn.) I have not read the results but my guess is he turned over Q-10.

01-02-2002, 02:04 PM

01-02-2002, 02:43 PM