PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio 15-30 hand

12-31-2001, 05:42 PM
I posted a Bellagio 30/60 hand on the other topics forum. Here's one from a 20/40 game that I thought was interesting but I am not too sure that I played optimally.

I had KcKs UTG and decided to try for the limp-reraisea s the game which had been loose some 30 minuttes ago ahd suddenly become tight even though the line-up had not changed at all. The fella to my left accomodated by raising. He got 3 coldcallers and the big blind also called. I guess the table decided that it was time to play loose again - go figure. Anyway, I reraised and all 5 called.

The pot is $370 with 6 players.

Flop: 5c5h4h

I bet. The chap to my left who raised preflop raised again. Everyone calls. I just called (and I think that may be a mistake but I am not sure). Note: Even earlier when the game had been pretty loose, it was not loose enough that the spectacle of 4 players coldcalling a raise on this flop could be taken as not meaning much.

Pot size: $610 still six way action.

Turn: 3d

I check. The player to my left bets. Surprisingly, no one raises. 3 players call and 1 guy drops out.

I now raise. The fella to my left calls. The fella to his left now 3 bets. The others drop. I and the preflop raiser call.

Pot: $1050 with 3 way action

River: 5

I bet and both players pay off. The fella to my left had JJ and the turn aggressor showed 76h. He had flopped a straight flush draw, turned a straight and I guess called the last bet on the river out of frustration. I win the pot which had over $1100.

I would appreciate input on how you would play the flop and turn in this situation.

12-31-2001, 05:43 PM

12-31-2001, 06:24 PM
Raise preflop, get heads up with JJ when he three bets. Play aggressively on the flop, bet the turn, bet the river unless raised on the turn, then just call down. Too bad, you won a smaller pot, but you wouldn't need to hit a 4 outer on the river nearly as often playing this way.

I do like the way you changed your style based on the table play. I don't tend to become more passive, however, to trap people. I would start raising more hands to steal blind/tight money. I would still raise my good hands.

12-31-2001, 06:37 PM
flop...i woulda raised again.

turn...not bad check raising, either way, gotta make 1 bet. it actually makes it easier to go to the river only having to call 1 bet on the turn instead of 2. the guy who turned the str8 screwed up not raising sooner, but made up for it raising your bet. had he raised earlier, its a tough call for ya. he was the one to watch at that point. but ya cant really raise him back, too many hands can beat ya. so since ya went to the river, , to the river we go....

the river you hafta at least call with the full house...a bet is/was better as only quads or pocket AA beats ya. thats it. ya may be beat, but the pots too big. nice bet btw.

b

12-31-2001, 07:12 PM
I probably bet the turn here. If the player to my left had only two big overcards, he's likely to check the turn, and then I risk giving a free card into a dangerous board. If he's got an overpair, he'll probably raise me, and this is good; lots more ways he can have a pair smaller than kings than he can have aces.

I also would probably have reraised on the flop, hoping he'd 4-bet and eliminate some of the others. Once they all cold-called his first raise, you've got to consider that there are all kinds of straight and flush draws out there. So maybe waiting to see what comes on the turn ain't bad.

12-31-2001, 09:21 PM
skp,I probably would have reraised the flop, but i dont think its a huge mistake. i might not have raised if anyone other than the pre flop raiser raised on the flop, but i think its not a huge issue.

I have read abduls opening strategy, but I'm not

totally convinced on limp re-raising aa and kk

regularly. Are you doing this? If so, I'd like to get your feed back on the results.

seeya

12-31-2001, 10:23 PM
Hi skp,

Preflop can't say you did anything wrong, but I would not have reraised. The limp reraise has far more value in a shorter-handed sitaution. If you just call, you put the expectation of flop betting right on your immediate left where you want it in a manyhanded situation (instead of on you). That gives you maximum information at least cost and disguises your hand nicely. Also, you aren't betting with a "draw" hand out of position (which is what KK is against 5 opponents - you have to "draw" to avoid them hitting their hands). It also forces people to think long and hard before raising you on the expensive streets because you could have any pair in a loose game and thus could easily have a full house.

On the flop, I would've played it as you did.

On the turn, I am out of position and in dire fear of a 5 or a straight. Check and call. Too many hands beat you; not enough cards kill you if you're ahead.

On the river, bet and call a raise.

Glad it worked out.

Matt

01-02-2002, 06:15 PM
I am not regularly limp reraising with AA/KK. I do this only in a spot where I think that my raise will get too much respect. In this particular situation, the game had become tight and I had gone a long while without playing a hand. I did not want to raise and merely capture the blinds or perhaps one additional bet from the bb or something.

01-02-2002, 06:20 PM
I was surprised when the fella turned over 76. I called the turn reraise assuming that I had 4 outs because I did not put the guy on a 5 i.e. I did not think that he would be the first coldcaller of a a preflop raise with a 5 in his hand. When he made it $120 on the turn, I put him on pocket 4's giving me 4 outs.

As it turned out, I was wrong in thinking that the guy could not have a 5. After all, he was the first coldcaller preflop with 76 so there's no reason why he could not have called with 65. Nevertheless, the fact that the river was a 5 makes it less likely that he held the case 5.