PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this?

blackaces13
06-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.50 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP2.</font>

cold_cash
06-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Bleh. Post flop looks okay to me.

I'm not sure about completing with this in the SB, but I honestly don't know. My play out of the blinds is terrible, probably because I'm usually tighter than a virgin on prom night.

blackaces13
06-29-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incredible, this is precisely what I wrote into the chat box as I folded. "BLEH" all caps. Weird.

SoCalPat
06-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Don't complete in the SB with Kxo. It's a trash hand.

Unless the flop absolutely crushes you over the head, you can't treat it as the best hand if a K or x flops you top pair. You're vulnerable to a better kicker in the former, and overcards in the latter. There's simply no value in playing this hand from any position outside of the BB for free.

HajiShirazu
06-29-2004, 05:04 AM
I don't think this is really so horrible, K9 is a little better than standard Kx and you are only against two other players neither of whom raised that could be coming in with literally anything in a party .5/1 game. I expect to have the best hand if the top card on the flop is a king or a 9.
The best reason I can see for calling is that the pot is only going to be played 4 ways, K9o does much better here.

deacsoft
06-29-2004, 05:47 AM
The EV of K-9o in this hand is -0.09. Fold preflop.

blackaces13
06-29-2004, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The EV of K-9o in this hand is -0.09. Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

EV of hands cannot be quantified like this as they are not the same for everyone. I like to think that I can play K9 better than the "average" player who plays it out of the SB because most good players fold this and most bad players probably play it nearly everytime. I would fold it in most circumstances as well but I had no respect for the limpers and I was getting 7:1 to take a flop with 3 people which IMO is break even at worst.

Think of the avg. player playing K9o, I bet those EV stats include when the SB calls a raise or when a very tight player limps in EP and gets many callers and all sorts of variables that hopefully a decent player would avoid. Also, being able to release is a plus and I'm sure a lot of K9 regulars almost never fold if a K flops. I did.