PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision

12-31-2001, 05:23 PM
10-20 hold'em.

2 weak players limp and I raise on the button with KsQs. Blinds fold and both limpers call.

Flop: Qd 6s 2s

It is checked to me and I bet. Both limpers call.

Turn: Ac

both check to me. What's my action?

Rob

12-31-2001, 05:26 PM
I hold KsQs on the button.

Board is: Qd 6s 2s Ac

it is check to me on the turn after both limpers (who called my raise preflop) called my flop bet.

I bet out and they both folded. I wonder if I gain anything from betting though. Here are the things to consider, IMO.

1) I'm not scared of an over card falling

2) If the nut flush is drawing he already has me beat.

3) An ace will probably call me down at this point.

4) I don't want two pair or a set to catch up.

i'm not sure what the best thing to do is but in hindsight i think checking the turn may have been best.

12-31-2001, 06:14 PM
I would check the turn. If one of them has an ace, they will either call, or raise you back. Since you have the club draw, they are drawing pretty slim with this board unless they have the ace paired. Save your bet on the turn and call the river if you are bet into.

This sounds weak, but if you bet on the turn, you will only get called by a better hand and you will need to improve. My way, you can induce weaker hands to bluff for the same bet you would have made anyways on the turn, putting yourself at risk.

If checked to me again on the river, I probably bet and cross my fingers.

12-31-2001, 06:42 PM
i havent read the results so ill chime in now.

"I would check the turn. If one of them has an ace, they will either call, or raise you back."

most "weak" limpers wont checkraise here without at least aces up. and many weak players will call to the end with hands like JJ, TT, Qx, etc. also many weak players will be drawing to a weaker flush. so i think a bet on the turn here against two weak players here has a lot of value. also, if you miss on the river you can check behind with your Q. also, many players here will fear you have a bigger Ace or AQ even if they do have an A.

"This sounds weak, but if you bet on the turn, you will only get called by a better hand and you will need to improve."

it sounds weak because it is weak. there are many times you will get called by worse hands if the players are weak limpers as described by rob. change the opponents and the check may be correct.

01-01-2002, 03:20 AM
I will always bet the turn here. If I don't improve on the river, I may just check it down.

It's not reasonable to fear Asxs since they probably would have bet the flop.