PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to sacrifice to the poker gods?

Dornkirk
06-28-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm beginning to understand what Phil Hellmuth feels like(without the mad cash)...ack, that's scary enough.

I've been in a pretty rough stretch of poker the last week. Nothing that's going to break me, but tonight just got rediculous. I've played 3 games tonight (2 SnGs and a MTT) and in my last hands made perfect reads on my opponent(s) and have got the chips in vs. dominated hands. Before the river card a 79% favorite against 2 players (the 7% favorite hit his A) and a >90% fav against 1 player in the other 2. Sucked out on the river each time. No more details or I'll start whinning like a baby.

I'm shutting off poker for a day or two so I don't start pushing 72o UTG or lay down KK preflop because my opponent has 77 and he might suck me out.

Ahh, need humor...what do you sacrifice to the poker gods? I figured virgins would make them happy but, alas I have none around. Don't think I could waste them on poker anyway /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Animal sacrifices seemed to work back in the day but the closest thing I could find in the city is roadkill...I think that might piss them off even more. Any suggestions?

Nemesis
06-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Virgins definately.