PDA

View Full Version : okay....so absolute's software really IS a resource hog

MicroBob
06-28-2004, 11:17 PM
couple weeks ago someone posted their problems trying to play the absolute tables.
i didn't have any seriously noticeable problems.....but maybe i was just having a good night.

trying to clear some of the bonus playing 3 tables tonight and it was really struggling its way along.

i switched to 1 table of absolute and 1 table of pacific....and it was still quite sluggish.

get rid of the absolute table....and the pacific table goes from sluggish to high-speed. well....regular speed for pacific...but super-fast compared with the speed i had while a pacific table was open.

i'm hoping 1 or 2 tables of absolute combined with a table from a non-pacific site (UB, p-room, empire, whatever) will work better for me.

maybe i just have a slow connection tonight....i sure hope so....as i still have $370 in bonus money there and it's already going to take long enough to clear without having to deal with speed and connection issues.

yct
06-29-2004, 12:09 AM
their software may not be the fastest, but their cashout is one of the fastest...

kdog
06-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Absolute definately does not work with Pacific. Absolute does not work WELL with any other sites on my system but it's the worst with Pacific.

Pacific also does not work well with Paradise (another resource hog) but it's fine with Party and UB. If you are going to play more than one site at a time I find UB the most compatible overall.

JDErickson
06-29-2004, 10:11 PM
I've never had a problem with 3 tables at AP. What are the specs of your machine and Internet Connection?

I did find one time that I couldn't run 3 tables on a dialup connection on laptop.

Jim

MicroBob
06-29-2004, 10:22 PM
my dial-up on my laptop was working fine and dandy with absolute before.
but this week has been a bit different at times.

i'm going to see how it behaves down at the hi-speed internet coffee-place down the street the next time i head there.
thought it was hogging my computer memory or something....but maybe it is just not enough connection speed for it....if that makes any sense.