PDA

View Full Version : pocket nines out of the BB

detruncate
06-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I've only been around 1 orbit, but CO seems like a classic calling station until the river, where he frequently drops.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

tardigrade
06-28-2004, 08:13 PM
I'd have a hard time raising the 9s out of the BB. The flop looks pretty good for you, though, and in the absence of any raises from CO, I don't see any reason not to bet this down the river with an overpair on the flop and turn.

detruncate
06-28-2004, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have a hard time raising the 9s out of the BB. The flop looks pretty good for you, though, and in the absence of any raises from CO, I don't see any reason not to bet this down the river with an overpair on the flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time raising 99 anywhere, but my raises were getting some respect, and with CO open limping it seemed like the correct play.

RED_RAIN
06-28-2004, 11:20 PM
The reason this is a good raise is because you have 2 late limpers and a SB completing where you more than likley have the best hand. 9s should be raised when you are sure that you will have 4 or less limpers to the flop.

cold_cash
06-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Nice hand.