PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 hand vs. GoT

Chris Daddy Cool
06-28-2004, 06:53 PM
15/30 party poker 6 handed

GoT openraises from CO. I 3bet on the button with KK. BB calls. GoT calls.

Flop Ad Jh Jd

BB checks. GoT checks. I bet. BB folds. GoT raises. I 3bet. GoT caps. I fold.

Eh?

astroglide
06-28-2004, 07:02 PM
i don't know what you're trying to accomplish by betting or threebetting the flop here. i would check and call. with your line, by the time he caps there are like 17 bets in the pot. with the king of diamonds this would be a slam dunk call.

ike
06-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Why not just check the flop?
You can then call down for only 1sb more than this play cost and you are likely to induce bluffs from hands you beat. The free card shouldn't be too painful here as, barring a flush draw, your opponents have very few outs when behind.

GuyOnTilt
06-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Hey Chris,

What does your 3-bet accomplish??

GoT

Chris Daddy Cool
06-28-2004, 07:17 PM
I thought there was a chance you were trying to push me off a better hand. If you don't cap me and check the turn, I can take the "cheap" card on the turn and call a bet on the river. This way I lose 1 SB less if I am behind and can induce a bluff on the river in case I am ahead.

But of course while writing all this, I realize that I don't want you to fold a worser hand obvoiusly and there's no way I can push you off an A anyways. So the best line for me would have probably been to check the flop and call down bets. Yes? No?

Tosh
06-28-2004, 07:35 PM
If you think GoT wants to move you off a better hand, and I doubt this is his aim here, check the flop and call.

GuyOnTilt
06-28-2004, 07:42 PM
So the best line for me would have probably been to check the flop and call down bets. Yes? No?

Headsup, yes. Since there was a 3rd party, your bet isn't terrible if you plan to fold if he raises instead of calling down if he bets. But once it's HU between us, you shouldn't 3-bet. I think you know that though, so no need to expound.

I thought about calling your 3-bet and betting any turn card. Would you have folded?

GoT

Chris Daddy Cool
06-28-2004, 09:51 PM
I think I call down (?) Not sure if that's correct. If checked to on the river, I check behind, unless a K comes of course.

GuyOnTilt
06-28-2004, 10:05 PM
I think I call down

This one gets 4 O's on the GoT Boo Scale.

Boooo!

GoT

sublime
06-29-2004, 10:25 PM
This one gets 4 O's on the GoT Boo Scale.

GoT-

What did you have? And why did you play the flop this way?

I have my ideas, but am trying to improve my game and would like to know for sure. I think a hand like this against a thinking player is an area where I lack experiance.

Thanks
Mike

nykenny
06-30-2004, 08:34 AM
i think an Ace is always crippling in a reraised 3 way pot. so even with a third player in, my goal looking at AJJ board with KK would be somehow get to the show down without contributing too much to the pot, since Ace won't fold QQ TT QT KT KQ 99-22 have very few outs anyway.

Dav123
06-30-2004, 08:55 AM
I can never imagine this would be a good line for live play unless you are Tommy Angelo. If I check the flop here, I am done with the hand.

However, this might be the best line online. So many players are way too aggressive. This hand seems to be a good bluff catcher, as you don't need to protect it on the flop.