PDA

View Full Version : some of those beats

Rosie
06-28-2004, 02:27 PM
in reference to my earlier post, here are some of the details of the beats i took. If anyone is interested in the full histories I can post them:

I will list them like this

$amount I lost My cards $pot size winning cards

-$70 J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif $143 lost to 5/images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

-$80 J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif $210 lost to A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

-$176 A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif $516 lost to Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

-$60 A /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif $138 lost to A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

-$80 K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif $160 lost to 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

-$60 A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif $298 lost to Q /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

-$87 A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif $222 lost to J /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

-$80 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif $178 lost to A /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

-$75 A /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif $255 lost to 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

hand one board: KJ24A
hand two board: AJ933
hand three board: K49QQ
hand four board: A396Q
hand five board: 764QK
hand six board: AK48J
hand seven board: 59J74
Hand eight board: 7453K
Hand nine board: k /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I hope this doesnt seem like a bad beat story, but these hands happened within about half an hour or so.. it seems less! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sloats
06-28-2004, 02:38 PM
How the hell do you get 5 Level 1's in a half of an hour.

And no. We are not interested in bad beats. If you posted them, we would probably tell you "Cap Pre-Flop"

all luck no skill
06-28-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this doesnt seem like a bad beat story,

[/ QUOTE ]

What's it supposed to be then? An attempt to claim online poker is rigged?

Rosie
06-29-2004, 04:45 AM
not at all... I dont think you need to be hostile about it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

These are just the tough breaks I experienced very close together in one session. The final hand was the real killer, having been through all that crap, to flop the nut flush and be getting action all the way.... I would never suggest the game is rigged - the mistake I made was playing beyond my bankroll requirements. Its a lesson learnt.

DeeJ
06-29-2004, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How the hell do you get 5 Level 1's in a half of an hour.

And no. We are not interested in bad beats. If you posted them, we would probably tell you "Cap Pre-Flop"

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is a question worth asking whether it was capped pre-flop with the premium pocket pairs. It might have run some of the opposition away from lucky draws.

The final one shows you have to be very careful with flushes that hit strength with a pair on the board. Anyone with a set has something like a not-so-rare 1:4 chance of hitting a board pair on the river. Big risk and at the turn they may be able to call a raise for value/pot odds.

Rosie
06-29-2004, 06:31 AM
ok.. well here is the detail of one of those hands. Incidently, they all occuured between 21:29 and 22:11

10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Sun Jun 27 21:31:12 EDT 2004
Table Table 12662 (6 max) (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: SEAT1 ( $147)
Seat 2: Seat2 ( $267)
Seat 3: Rosie(3) ( $611.50)
Seat 4: Seat4 ( $338)
Seat 5: Seat5 ( $576)
Seat 6: Seat6 ( $490)
Seat6 posts small blind (5)
SEAT1 posts big blind (10)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Rosie(3) [ Ah, As ]
Seat2 calls (10)
Rosie(3) raises (20) to 20
Seat4 calls (20)
Seat5 calls (20)
Seat6 calls (15)
SEAT1 calls (10)
Seat2 calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Ks, 9c, 9s ]
Seat6 checks.
SEAT1 checks.
Seat2 bets (10)
Rosie(3) raises (20) to 20
Seat4 folds.
Seat5 calls (20)
Seat6 calls (20)
SEAT1 calls (20)
Seat2 calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2s ]
Seat6 checks.
SEAT1 checks.
Seat2 checks.
Rosie(3) checks.
Seat5 checks.
** Dealing River ** : [ Jh ]
Seat6 checks.
SEAT1 bets (20)
Seat2 calls (20)
Rosie(3) calls (20)
Seat5 calls (20)
Seat6 folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $298 | Rake: $2
Board: [ Ks 9c 9s 2s Jh ]
SEAT1 balance $87, lost $60 [ 6s 6h ] [ two pairs, nines and sixes -- Ks,9c,9s,6s,6h ]
Seat2 balance $207, lost $60 [ Js Kd ] [ two pairs, kings and jacks -- Kd,Ks,Js,Jh,9c ]
Rosie(3) balance $551.50, lost $60 [ Ah As ] [ two pairs, aces and nines -- Ah,As,Ks,9c,9s ]
Seat4 balance $518, lost $20 (folded)
Seat5 balance $814, bet $60, collected $298, net +$238 [ Qs Tc ] [ a straight, nine to king -- Ks,Qs,Jh,Tc,9c ]
Seat6 balance $450, lost $40 (folded)

My thinking is along these lines. I assumed that nobody held a 9, based on reads of how it played post flop.

So 5 see the flop with the pot on $120
To see the turn, the eventual winner was getting 7.5-1 odds on the pot and 11-1 to make his hand (This is based on hitting the jack - and I include the Jspades because it would still give him a draw to a Qflush and he is loose enough to play for that). The 2s on the turn I considered a blank. I had put Seat2 on a K (hence the opening raise post flop) and Seat1 had been betting on the come all night and I assumed he would have opened with a raise too post flop. The fact that no-body re-raised my raise on the flop made me think noboody was trying to buy the free card (a reliable play at Party) - so I assumed that once the 2s hit I was still winning. Also, I held the As and so I now had another 9 outs to the nut flush. (this is just how I was thinking which may be way off the mark).

So why did I check the turn? I think that was the mistake - giving the winner his free card. My only sanctuary here is that I am certain he would not have laid down his draw for a $20 raise - he would most probably have figured drawing to a Qflush was good enough so technically he would be getting about 4-1 to call (if he even thought in that way) with any spade and any Jack - my raise would have given him at least 16/1 pot odds so he would have been right to call.

I am really interested to hear how badly people think I played this particular one.

Bearing in mind I had been taking a beating like never before had already had AA cracked, KK beaten and JJ twice in the last 15 minutes.

all luck no skill
06-29-2004, 03:01 PM
My apologies, I didn't intend to be hostile.

I think the lesson of bankroll management is a lesson every player learns. The hard way, unfortunately.