PDA

View Full Version : First time playing with a time charge - should I change tables?

eh923
06-28-2004, 12:34 PM
I was at Bay 101, and was on the list for a few limits. After waiting awhile, I finally was called to play 2/4. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

There was no rake, but there was a time charge for the button of $3 for a full table, that acted as a live $2 bet. At this particular table, we were getting in around 30 hands an hour, which equates to a time charge of 2.25 BB/hour.

I played for about 20 minutes before I was called to another limit. I don't know for sure, but I believe the time charge was proportionately lower at higher limits. Should I have changed tables regardless of other table conditions?
Results (sort of):
The rest of the players at my table, other than 1 semi-solid player, were absolutely HORRENDOUS (dare I say retarded?). Two of the guys routinely called down with K or Q high, saying "You might have been bluffing!". Because of this, I stayed. Unfortunately, the deck didn't even know I was in the room, and I had the worst BB loss session ever.