PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw

nolefan21
06-28-2004, 12:06 PM
I am not sure when I get in these situations how far to chase or how aggressive to be. Any comments are appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

Button ($64.12)
Hero ($21.50)
BB ($32.30)
UTG ($18.75)
MP ($25.20)
CO ($32.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($11) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($19) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $24

ClimbRock512
06-28-2004, 02:11 PM
This seems like a pretty straight forward hand for the most part. If you are having trouble playing stuff like this, I suggest reading "The Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky(Anyone ever heard of this guy? lol). The first third of the book is about odds. You want to understand that stuff enough that you could rewrite his book. If you are having difficulty figuring out the odds to hit you hand, download an odds chart on the internet(they are all over the place) or download a program that provides you with live odds.(I forget the name of it, but maybe someone can help me out here). Remember that NL is also about implied odds, so be sure to read that section in Sklansky's book as well. If you read this book, you'll be able to answer your own question here....

schwza
06-28-2004, 03:55 PM
I would fold before the flop and play everything else the same (I'd have bet 3 instead of 2 on the flop). Playing in first position with a hand that might be dominated is unpleasant. And the big blind might reraise, forcing you to fold.