PDA

View Full Version : 2500$ in 25 days: Day 2-4 "Midsummer rain"

Kjell201
06-28-2004, 07:12 AM
It was midsummer day here in Sweden 2 days ago which means alot of celebration etc, outdoors.
Ofcourse we had ALOT of rain during the whole weekend.
Thats great...

Sweden lost to Holland on the penalty shoot-out in the European Soccer Championships.
Thats great...

I lost QQ 6 of the 7 times I had it on saturday (4 of the times to AA with rags flopping, 1 time to 44 when a 4 hit on the turn, 1 time to a JJ getting a flush (!), and the hand I actually won I won the blinds to my preflop raise.
Thats great...

I suppose I could say that the ladies didn't really smile upon me that day.

So, the weekend wasn't all in all that great, however it's probably a good experience. Pushing the limits in "tilt-avoiding" training /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To blow off some steam I deposited 100 to Stars to play some penny no-limit. 1½ days later I'm up 150$ on Stars.

Anyway, I'm gonna skip limit for a while and practice my no-limit game. Either I'm gonna become really good on poker and make pretty good money on in a few years or I will quit within a year and only play casual with friends etc, so I might aswell try to become good at NL.

So, while I'm still going to try for the 2500$ my main priority is to get as many hours on the table as possible, and study as much NL as possible. (Tips on that except for this forum and 2+2?, I bought McEvoys NL book to have something more NL specific then HPFAP and ITH).

<font color="red">Stats for the 3 days:</font>
Money: <font color="green">+81,7 </font> Quest total: <font color="green">+122,3</font>
Table hours: 40,58 Quest total: 48,72 (1h at 4 tables = 4h)
Hands: 2314 Quest total: 2791

Guido
06-28-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sweden lost to Holland

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course they did /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't really understand why you are switching to NL. You clearly have to learn a lot about limit. NL is an totally different game. When you are only doing it because you want to have fun I can understand it but when you think you know enough about limit and it's time to expand your game, I think you make the wrong dicision.

Good luck with your quest.

Guido

Kjell201
06-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I know that I don't know near enough about limit, thats not the reason I'm switching.
If i thought i knew everything there is too know about limit I would probably stick to playing limit.
At the moment one of the main reasons is actually that its alot more fun.
Especially when your putting in ALOT of hours you want some sort of action at the tables.
After the first 3-4 hours at 4 tables limit starts to get kind of boring /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RED_RAIN
06-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm going to also disagree.

You started with a quest and a goal.

Now it's changed on day 2?

Not really sure how dedicated you are to your game if things are getting rough because you had some hard loses.