PDA

View Full Version : A couple turn decisons, PP NL100(6max)

Nero
06-28-2004, 05:25 AM
A couple hands where the turn provided some interesting options IMO.

Hand 1: PP NL100 6-max

Im in the BB w/9c5c and $215. 3 limpers, SB completes.

Flop($10): 942r, 1 club. I bet pot, UTG($120) calls, MP calls($60).

Reads: UTG likely has TPGK or a PP 55-88, a set is very unlikely given his previous play(he tends to blow his load prematurly with big hands). MP could have anything from a set to a backdoor flush draw.

Turn($40): 10c. Your move? knowing MP will likely bet/push if checked to.

Hand 2: PP NL100 6-max(5 handed)

Im in the SB w/77 and $280. Mp min-raises, button calls, I call, BB call. 4 to the flop of:

Flop($16): 654, 2 spades. I bet pot, only MP($320) calls.

Reads: MP is the type of guy who likes to see turn, he also plays very passively. He likely has just a couple of overs, but could easily have a flush draw or over-pair.

Turn($45): Kd. Your move? knowing he will only call(ie not raise) a pot sized bet, and will bet $2 if checked to.

my action and results to follow.

Thanks fellas, Nick

fsuplayer
06-28-2004, 09:48 AM
If your reads are correct then these sound relatively simple.

Hand #1: If you think the MP will bet pot (which you dont want to call) when it gets to him, then underbet the pot, but not so much that it looks real weak and begs for a raise. Maybe $12-18 is good here, if they come over the top big here, you probably have to fold here, which sucks.
Basically, in this hand, I do whatever it is I can to see the river, this is a hand which is not that great right now, but can become something very nice by the end. Make sure and see that last card!

Hand #2 If he will only bet $2, I would just check-call the turn and river. Why bet the pot, bc if you get called you are beat, and I dont think he is folding 1010-QQ here even if you bet pot, so let him bet low, then pump it on the river if you hit the straight, and check call if you dont.

I love those guys who will bet very low when checked to, but will call big bets. They are the perfect opponents. You lose less when you are behind, and make the most when you are ahead, and you get to see your draws cheap! A table full of those sounds like nirvana to me.

Hope it worked out well and let us know the results!

FsuPlayer

schwza
06-28-2004, 11:05 AM
I'd check on the first hand. The read on MP is basically that he has random cards and is likely to push. You have a nice bluff-catcher for a made hand and up to 14 outs if you're behind.

So I'd check, and if UTG checks and MP bets as hoped, I'd push. If UTG bet, I would call a small bet but fold to a big one, and be more inclined to call if MP called first.

Hand 2.... i think i'd check the turn. a very passive player is not going to be raising many hands that i'm ahead of here - probably just AQ, if that. you're probably behind, but have the chance to draw very cheaply to 10 outs (8 clean outs) and should do so happily. if the turn is checked through and i miss, i'm checking again.