PDA

View Full Version : MicroQuest: $60 in 60 days Days 2 & 3

Chris Daddy Cool
06-28-2004, 04:10 AM
So in case you didn't know, I've been trying to build up my bankroll at Party's .5/1.00 playing 10 minutes a day. As you know, Day 1 didn't turn out to well as I lost 6 bucks. Day 2 I didn't even play .5/1.00 at all!! So I decided to take my quest a little more seriously and put in more time on Day 3. Yes, I know, I'm cheating, I said I'd only play 10 minutes a day, but fellow 2+2ers were playing today so I felt I owed it to them to play my A game and play a bit longer here. However...

My session turned out horribly! Bad beat over bad beat! Losing to hands like QQ, KK, AA, straights, flushes, even A high! I just wasnt flopping very good at all and NOBODY would respect my raises. How am I gonna win when I raise and its called in 3 spots, 3bet then capped back to me? I didn't even stand a chance!

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I'm UTG with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and openraise. Pooh-Bah sfer immediately 3bets me. WTF? So I cap him. Anyhow I flop bottom pair and come out betting. sfer raieses. I of course immediately 3bet and he caps. Turn is a blank so I feel I'm pretty safe and bet out. sfer only calls this time. Aha! I have him beat. River comes out third of a suit I bet. He raises. I think uh oh and call. He shows off his runner runner flush. Yuck.

Ugh, I'm off to a horrible start in my mission. Maybe the next days will be better.

Day 2: $0.00
Day 3: -$45.50

3 day total: -$51.50 / $60.00

I have a long way to climb back up...

B Dids
06-28-2004, 04:11 AM
See, HE SUCKS.

sfer
06-28-2004, 04:26 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sfer
06-28-2004, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I'm UTG with 5 3 and openraise. Pooh-Bah sfer immediately 3bets me. WTF? So I cap him. Anyhow I flop bottom pair and come out betting. sfer raieses. I of course immediately 3bet and he caps. Turn is a blank so I feel I'm pretty safe and bet out. sfer only calls this time. Aha! I have him beat. River comes out third of a suit I bet. He raises. I think uh oh and call. He shows off his runner runner flush. Yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember what I typed in the chat box?

"I call with two backdoor draws."

SeppDeitrich
06-28-2004, 05:47 AM
your goal is to lose 60 bucks in 60 days? After reading your hand history, I think you could do better.

easypete
06-28-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I'm UTG with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and openraise. Pooh-Bah sfer immediately 3bets me. WTF? So I cap him. Anyhow I flop bottom pair and come out betting. sfer raieses. I of course immediately 3bet and he caps. Turn is a blank so I feel I'm pretty safe and bet out. sfer only calls this time. Aha! I have him beat. River comes out third of a suit I bet. He raises. I think uh oh and call. He shows off his runner runner flush. Yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the pain... sfer has nabbed me before while I tried raising 72o UTG. Here's how you beat him.... when sfer 3-bets pf... don't cap. You must play this hand with some deception. Since you probably have him dominated, let him see the flop cheaply.

The flop probably didn't help him much, so I would just check-call the flop. A free card shouldn't help him much. Check-raise the blank on the turn, and sfer won't have sufficient pot-odds to call.

I think you're on the right track, but stick with your guns... If you only played 10 minutes on day 3, would you have run into this bad beat?

sfer
06-28-2004, 04:04 PM
You are no match. I have the Pooh Bah pattern map. When I enter a pot all should flee. Fear my LAG-dom. Fear it.