PDA

View Full Version : Me play Goot?

B Dids
06-28-2004, 02:42 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is UTG+2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Dids calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Dids folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. UTG+1 wins 7.25 BB. </font>

tech
06-28-2004, 02:54 AM
Before I reply, I have a question about your plan. Say he calls your flop raise and checks to you on the turn. Do you bet or check behind?

detruncate
06-28-2004, 02:54 AM
Yeah. Looks good. Errr... goot. Isn't this someone else's bit? Watch your back, man. It's always the smiley happy types that snap.

Matty
06-28-2004, 02:59 AM
I like your play but I'd call instead of fold. You're 22-1 to turn another ten, and you have 14.5-1 immediate pot odds. Implied odds, of course, are through the roof.

B Dids
06-28-2004, 03:01 AM
That's a really good point. I probably bet, but you're right- I don't thik I'm folding him off a hand that I beat. I should just give up on this flop.

(this hand game from an table that's turned into a 2+2 LAG fest) so we weren't bringing our A games.

tech
06-28-2004, 03:11 AM
Well, the reason I asked is that if you think his preflop cap is BS and you want to get to showdown, then your play is fine. But you should be planning to check behind on the turn.

If you think the cap is legit, then get out. There is not a single capping hand that you can beat. Raising and then betting into him on the turn is begging to be check-raised.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-28-2004, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your play but I'd call instead of fold. You're 22-1 to turn another ten, and you have 14.5-1 immediate pot odds. Implied odds, of course, are through the roof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... its heads up. He won't be able to collect many bets.

B Dids
06-28-2004, 04:02 AM
His cap was questionable. He was at a table of manaics, most of whom were sitting with over 1000 bucks. So he was playing decent hands, but probably overplaying them. But he was playing good enough hands that the likely hood I was behind was huge, and I should have laid down on the flop.

The table was totally fun. You guys who've been taking advice from Chris Daddy Cool should stop, he's horrible /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
06-28-2004, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The table was totally fun. You guys who've been taking advice from Chris Daddy Cool should stop, he's horrible /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Take that back!

Matty
06-28-2004, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Um... its heads up. He won't be able to collect many bets.

[/ QUOTE ]Not enough to make that 50 cent bet 22-1?

His opponent didn't miss a single opportunity to bet or raise.

djcolts
06-28-2004, 07:43 AM
Look at this hand I hand last night. I wondered what this person had. He capped on the turn. I was so thrown off by his betting that I didn't cap the river when I should have (AA was unlikely, but AQ or Q8 - maybe?) Look at what he had.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Jd 4s (one pair, queens).
Hero shows Kh Qc (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB. </font>

RED_RAIN
06-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Ummm...okay.

I think we were talking about capping preflop and you show a hand capped on the turn.

One I would have raised preflop.

Two I would have bet the flop. Would have felt great to give a free gutshot and then lose eh?

I play turn and river the same.

Overall I think you lost bets.

So this guy was a total tard, so what? I think everyone has a hand like this once every other day if not more, espeically at this level.

B Dids
06-28-2004, 09:57 AM
"suspect raising standards"

djcolts
06-28-2004, 11:45 AM
No - I didn't play this perfect, and I'm still at the point where play like this surprises me.

1. Yeah, I should have raised pre-flop - I would have if first in the pot, I got gun-shy I guess.
2. I tried to do a check-raise on the flop - mainly because I hadn't done much check-raising at all. It failed - I thought some one would bet - it didn't happen.
3. OK - my example wasn't the same at all. Sorry about that.

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm...okay.

I think we were talking about capping preflop and you show a hand capped on the turn.

One I would have raised preflop.

Two I would have bet the flop. Would have felt great to give a free gutshot and then lose eh?

I play turn and river the same.

Overall I think you lost bets.

So this guy was a total tard, so what? I think everyone has a hand like this once every other day if not more, espeically at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

RED_RAIN
06-28-2004, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. I tried to do a check-raise on the flop - mainly because I hadn't done much check-raising at all. It failed - I thought some one would bet - it didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were second last to act, only the button could bet. Another reason to bet.

Wasn't trying to flame, just pull apart the fact these are different capping situations.

djcolts
06-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Yep - I screwed that up then. Should have bet - I normally would have.