PDA

View Full Version : I love SnGs

imitation
06-28-2004, 12:56 AM
Heh i've been dabbling in SnGs after a fairly nice start to low limits at pokerstars. I've got to say i'm hooked the tension and skill factor in SnGs is way more appealing than limit ring games. I've only played 12 so far at $5+50c limit and placed in 4 out of the last 7 after having no idea for the first five (thankfully hanging around in here has taught me a whole lot).

Anyway I just wated to say how enjoyable they were thanks for the great forum and the FAQ.

Also can you guys remember your first SnG win, mine was awesome, I was short stacked with 3 left, big stack takes out middle stack. I'm heads up with bigstack having roughly 10x my chips. I played really agressively in heads up with this guy who was really timid and clawed my way back to take the victory with AQs calling his all in A6o.

Eder
06-28-2004, 09:19 AM
I'm addicted to them as well...but it is always a love/hate thing...need to get used to the bad beats that happen so often....i think I need to take up yoga or something because at times they drive me crazy....

Remember the most important thing here is learn to fold (I'm relearning this lesson the hard way at the moment)

TJD
06-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Now! What I enjoy is GIVING the bad beat.

As a solid ring player, I am used to seeing the other guys sucking out on me.

In tournaments, at some stages I have to play sheer crud. Sometimes I win with it. That is great! Makes a nice change /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trevor

Nemesis
06-28-2004, 02:11 PM
definately tourneys is why most of us are playing poker now. I admit it... i started playing because of the WPT on TV. I just got educated instead of giving my money away =)