PDA

View Full Version : PT export player notes question

TRWIII
06-27-2004, 11:33 PM
I just got PT and was wondering the following 2 things:

1) What # of hands do most use as a meaningful sample size for the exported notes to be useful (50?, 100?, 200?)?

2) Although all of the stats are useful, which ones do most export as the most important ones or do you just export all of 'em?

Thanks for any help,
TRWIII

Saborion
06-28-2004, 12:12 AM
I use 100 hands to give a possible indication of a player. Naturally I don't rely too much on this information if I've only have 100 hands logged with a specific player, unless the numbers are way off that is.

The stats I list are:
hands, vpip, PFR, CR
WSD, W$SD

I used to have a few more, but had to remove them after party lowered the amount of chars to 87. Not that I miss that extra info though, mostly made it more tough to read.

bugstud
06-28-2004, 12:20 AM
I personally am using 50, simply because some clue is better than no clue. However, I put the # of hands for the sample on there to take with a grain of salt.

KingSix
06-28-2004, 02:36 AM
TRW--

This thread will give you a good start...

Is this you? Or how to judge a player using PT (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=611357&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&vc=1)

I usually use 150 hands, but I play enough that I have a couple hundred players with 200 or more that I haven't profiled. For UB, I use something similar to the following...

6/22/04
Total Hands 196 VP$IP 11 PFR% 7.14
WeSD 37 WoSD 55
Steal Blinds 22

EP - Raise - AKs, KK
MP - Raise - TT, QQ
LP - Raise - QQ Call - ATo
Button - Raise - AKs, KK, QQ
Blinds - Call - A6os

Cold calls (0.00%)

For each position, I note each of the hands that I have for the person. The date is the last date I updated the record.

Not perfect, but it gives me something I can look at in a few seconds.

King

TRWIII
06-28-2004, 04:21 AM
Oh wow. That's astounding. Is there anything similar on limit holdem floating around here somewhere? (I wouldnt even know where to start searching for it). If there isnt what are the significant changes in the ideal stats from NL to limit (if anyone knows right off hand)?

Regardless that is a great post and I thank you for the link to it.

TRWIII

KingSix
06-28-2004, 05:47 PM
TRW--

My stats are for limit. You may just want to use the "search" feature and put in "Poker Tracker" or "PT". You can also go to the PokerTracker site and there are forums there as well.

King

TRWIII
06-30-2004, 03:05 AM
Sorry, but I think I worded my last question badly. What I meant to ask is if you (or anyone) knew of a post similar to MS Sunshine's post that focused exclusively on breaking down the target stat values and their significance in stricly limit holdem (I know next to nothing about NL or PL).

While the post was very helpful, Im guessing that some of the target numbers for some of the stats are different between the two games and was wondering if such a post existed and if someone had a link to it in their favorites handy.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the link,
TRWIII

KingSix
06-30-2004, 03:57 AM
TRW--

Here are a couple more good threads. The links I tried were messed up, so just click "search" at the top of this page and cut and paste these titles. There is a ton out there about PT.

"A Poker Tracker Stat Evaluation (Guide?)"

"A quick poker tracker question...."

"Poker Tracker plus some...."

That should give you something to start with. I wouldn't worry too much about it untill you have about 5,000 hands in PT because you'll start having a few players with 100-150 at that point. If you play at Party, it may take a bit longer than that because it is common to play with different people often.

Good luck..

King