PDA

View Full Version : Yes, No, Hmm, NO!!, Yes, Ack.

B Dids
06-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is MP3 with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Dids calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Dids calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Dids 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Dids calls, CO calls.

He's capped, so he's either got an overpair or worse an over set. I don't think he's good enough to pump a flush draw here.

Turn: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Dids calls, CO calls.

Now the 3 flush, that might not be good either, and he's still betting. I feel like I should have re-raised here.

River: (15 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Dids calls, CO calls.

Yay, I have a full house- I should bet, nevermind the fact that I've already pretty much decided that he's got TT.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jc Ts (two pair, tens and threes).
Dids shows 2h 2c (full house, twos full of threes).
CO shows Kc Kd (two pair, kings and threes).
Outcome: Dids wins 24 BB. </font>

I feel like I either played this had too agressive (on the river) or too passive (the rest). Your thoughts?

cold_cash
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
If the flush draw hadn't got there on the turn, I think I would have put in another raise. Since it did, I think calling is okay. You can wait to see what the river brings without putting in a bunch of bets on the turn only to have the fourth diamond show up on the river. If that fourth diamond doesn't show I think you can bet your set confidently.

If you fill up, (like you did), I think you should raise/re-raise/cap the river. If the BB does have TT, you're going to lose a few extra bets, but I think putting him exactly on that hand is too narrow.

Other than not capping the river I think you played it fine.

Joe Tall
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Putting him on a higer set or flush draw because he capped the flop is weak-tight thinking.

You should still raise this turn and not raising the river is a crime against all things poker.

Peace,
Joe Tall

B Dids
06-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I'm not happy with the mindstate that I had in which I played this hand. I feel like I was looking for ways I could lose. Somehow my first thought was "yay, a set of 2s, but now I could still lose set-over-set" and that stuck with me.

Moreover, then all of a sudden the reason I backed off on the turn was because of the flush, and the reason I bet the river was contrary to the (addmitly weak tight) read I had from the start. I wouldn't mind playing a hand lousy, but I feel like I wasn't consistantly lousy, which bothers me more.

nothumb
06-27-2004, 11:09 PM
This is what you get for letting your sister hold the mouse.
/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Seriously, this is very surprising coming from you, Dids. Maybe you need some sort of dietary supplement. Admittedly, the pre-flop cap often means at least two pair, but this guy must have thought you were a real loon. I think you can legitimately worry about a higher set, or about T3 suited filling up from the BB.

If I'd been watching this hand from the rail, I'd think you were the BB. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT