PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker

SirFWALGMan
06-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I am just starting out playing. I do tourneys $5/1 because they are easy to learn on. I recently downloaded the free Poker Tracker 1000 hands, and I am wondering what stats I should look at? How they would make my game better? I am getting good at $5/1 if that means anything. In the last 6 games I am 1,3,3,1,out. Any idea's? BTW - I play on Empire.

pokerstudAA
06-27-2004, 11:12 PM
The poker tracker is best at improving your ring game play. Because no-limit you are up varying numbers of opponents the starting hand selections are not useful to adjust your game. If you can get a good few hundred hands at a limit ring game with 10 players you can see which hands were profitable and go back and replay some hands to see where you may be leaking. For the NL it is just an easy way to keep track of your finishes.

Anyone else know of any good stats to examine???

SirFWALGMan
06-28-2004, 12:50 AM
I know my ring game is weak. What numbers do I look at for that? What do the numbers mean?

pokerstudAA
06-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I found that it was most helpful to look at the specific hands that you were getting and what positions you were playing from. Replay the hands and see if you can find any mistakes in how you played them or how many bets your opponent was able to get from you or the other way around. I found out that I always seemed to lose money with AQ offsuit and tried to adjust my play somewhat and quit raising with it so often. See what hands you raise with and which hands that you win with.

Beavis68
06-28-2004, 06:26 PM
For sit n gos, ROI is the best indicator. I was playing with it, but the specific hands really didnt do much for me because the play varies so much short handed to full ring.

For ring games, I think it is interesting to see what hands you are most profitable with and which ones are your big losers.

I wish they supported Omaha, I would really like to look at my omaha profitablity by starting hand.

Nemesis
06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Look at your VPIP, your agression factor, and then look at your hands that are winning money, and the ones that lose money. Hands that win money, see why, and hands that lose money post in the micro-limits forum some of the hands you've played that you feel you played poorly.