PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: Dodgeball

andyfox
06-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Feh.

I realize I was easily the oldest person in the theater. But there are no funny people in the movie, save Rip Torn. It's a three joke movie stretched out over an hour and a half. Which is about an hour and twenty minutes too long.
Vince Vaughn is particularly boring and unfunny.

OTOH, my 14 year old son and his 14 year old friend both liked it. I would think the upper limit would be 15 or 16 to enjoy it.

Phat Mack
06-27-2004, 05:25 PM
I liked it. It started off pretty slow, but from the point where Stiller gets beat up on the porch it picked up steam. While I thought the sports announcers from the Ocho didn't reach the level of Best in Show, they had some great lines.

I wanted to kill a couple of hours with some mindless entertainment and wasn't disappointed, but there's no real reason to see this flick before it hits the dollar house or TV.

Tyler Durden
06-27-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I thought the sports announcers from the Ocho didn't reach the level of Best in Show, they had some great lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe in unlikelyhood?

Tuco
06-27-2004, 05:52 PM
You clearly missed the subtle humour. The bar named "The Dirty Sanchez", and VV in the huddle before the big match says "okay guys, whats out team motto" and the Newsradio guy says "Aim low?"

Way funny.

Tuco.

J_V
06-27-2004, 05:54 PM
I've never seen a movie go to so many gags to try and save it. I'm embarrassed to say Chuck Norris made me laugh.

lil'
06-27-2004, 10:59 PM
It was OK. I preferred "Old School" to this movie. I agree that Vince Vaughn did pretty much nothing throughout the film.

There's still something funny about seeing people get hit in the face with things, though.

ArchAngel71857
06-28-2004, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You clearly missed the subtle humour. The bar named "The Dirty Sanchez", and VV in the huddle before the big match says "okay guys, whats out team motto" and the Newsradio guy says "Aim low?"

Way funny.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. When they go to Vegas, the announcer says "Vegas, the city with the Happy Ending. . . but only if you pay extra for it."

My friend and I were the only people in the audience who heard it.

-AA

TimTimSalabim
06-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I must have a 14 year old sense of humor, because I thought it was the funniest movie I've seen in years.

andyfox
06-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Different strokes for different folks. . .

NoChance
06-28-2004, 02:43 PM
I did not like the movie at all. I didn't like the role Stiller played. He does not do well with that accent and with muscles. He does better when he plays a scrawny, nerdy type character.

There were parts that made me laugh but they were few and far between. It was simply terrible.

Oh, and I stayed and sat through the credits to the very end. I left very disappointed in that too.

astroglide
06-28-2004, 02:48 PM
were people expecting the coming of christ with this film? i think if you're remotely aware of the premise, saw a trailer, or read a review you should believe you got what you paid for. as for me, i didn't find it particularly funny but it was entertaining enough. the only time i actually laughed was when the guys drove by the pirate and yelled, "go back to pirates of the carribean FAG!" and threw a drink at him.

scotnt73
06-28-2004, 02:48 PM
i thought it was very funny. i had tears in my eyes during some parts. of course im 31 going on 15. seeing vaughn in the daddy necklace just killed me. i thought it was funnier than old school but its still no something about mary.

andyfox
06-28-2004, 04:21 PM
"the only time i actually laughed was when the guys drove by the pirate and yelled, "go back to pirates of the carribean FAG!" and threw a drink at him."

I rest my case.

I was expecting silly fun. There was precious little of it, ifany.

Senor Choppy
06-28-2004, 05:27 PM
There's something wrong with you if the description of this alone does make you lol.