PDA

View Full Version : Real Kings Full on flop...Pocket Ks...good play for most money?

RED_RAIN
06-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 26.75 BB, between Button, BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (26.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jh Ks (full house, jacks full of kings).
Hero shows Kd Kh (full house, kings full of jacks).
Button shows Th Td (two pair, jacks and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 26.75 BB. </font>

Did I get the most out of this?

sublime
06-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Cap the turn. he already CC two bets, give him the chance to call another 2.

RED_RAIN
06-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I put the BB on QJ or AJ and thought if I didn't cap I could maybe get more action on the river. That's why I didn't cap the turn. Do you think he would have still 3 bet me on river if I didn't cap?

sublime
06-27-2004, 02:14 PM
I put the BB on QJ or AJ and thought if I didn't cap I could maybe get more action on the river. That's why I didn't cap the turn. Do you think he would have still 3 bet me on river if I didn't cap?

I dunno /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Look at it this way, by capping the turn you are basically assuring yourself of 2BB's from the blind and another likely BB from the button (I will assume he is drawing)

By calling, you are hoping that he not only bets into you (likely) but also 3 bets you(not so likely).

You gambled and it paid off, but that doesnt mean it was the best way to play it.

Nice takedown BTW /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RED_RAIN
06-27-2004, 02:54 PM
True, I usually think along the same lines and play the same as you stated. I just felt that on the flop and turn action he very much liked his hand. Thanks as always.

nothumb
06-27-2004, 05:28 PM
I like it. I play same.

Last night in a home game I played jacks full (flopped full house) similarly - smooth calling bets/raises on the flop. Chick with AA who capped it on the flop spiked an A on the turn and smoked me.

Sorry, bad beat snuck in. Good play here.

NT