PDA

View Full Version : Worst calls?

pzhon
06-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Bad beats are boring. I'd like to hear stories of the worst/most optimistic calls you've seen, preferrably ones that ended the action.

Here are some examples:

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif In a NL SNG, down to 6 players, UTG pushed with 10x the BB. The SB called with 52o.

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif In a NL ring game, on a KKJJ5 board, someone called a 1/3 pot river bet with 7-high.

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif In a NL ring game, on an AQTT9 board with a flush possible, I called a 1/7 pot bet with 87 that I thought was the low straight, but was actually lower than the board. K-high won.

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif In a limit ring game, on a KQJTx rainbow board, the SB with K9 bet into 2 players, then called the 3-bet and cap.

adanthar
06-27-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm gonna repost this hand I played a while back:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (13 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qs 9s (flush, king high).
UTG shows 2d 4h (flush, king high).
MP2 shows As 4s (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 16 BB. </font>