PDA

View Full Version : AKo Hand

Piiop
06-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

2nd hand at the table so no reads.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP3 caps, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 bets, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20 BB, between MP3, CO, Hero and BB.</font>

The flop cap by MP3 took me by surprise and I really didn't know what to think of it. No cap preflop so I didn't think AA/KK were likely, I immeditately thought 99.

On the turn, the CO only calling MP3's bet made me think he probably had a weak King, but I still couldn't think of anything other than 99 for MP3. Since it was my 2nd hand at the table I figured it would be worth missing a few bets to see their hands, or I'd be saving a few bets if they weren't crazy.

Comments?

vulturesrow
06-27-2004, 09:38 AM
I might put MP3 on two pair as well. K9 wouldnt surpise me in the least.

Chris

Piiop
06-27-2004, 09:43 AM
I'd sooner put the CO on K9s than MP3. A lot of players will limp with it, especially if it's suited, but I don't see a lot of raises with it in MP after 2 limpers. However, I did think about it.

vulturesrow
06-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Definitely a situation where it would be nice to have a read on MP3. But at .50/1 I wouldnt be suprised to see K9 or K7, s00ted or not. It would seem to me that 99 is more likely but I think the way you played it is fine. Im willing to pay off MP3 here if he did make a set. I think its worth the info you get out of it.

Chris

afk
06-27-2004, 09:57 AM
For mp3, I think 99 is way more likely than K9 or K7, most players won't raise K9 or K7 preflop.

afk
06-27-2004, 09:59 AM
I might have bet the turn as well.

vulturesrow
06-27-2004, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For mp3, I think 99 is way more likely than K9 or K7, most players won't raise K9 or K7 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. However, with no read on the table the way he played it was fine IMO. And you cant tell me you havent seen people at microlimits raise hands like K9, K7 preflop? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

afk
06-27-2004, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. However, with no read on the table the way he played it was fine IMO. And you cant tell me you havent seen people at microlimits raise hands like K9, K7 preflop? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, of course not. I've seen it too. But nevertheless it's still pretty rare, most microplayers I've been up against only raise with big pocket pairs and maaaaaybe AKs/o. It's very possible he's raising a hand like K7 or K9, I just think it's unlikely.