PDA

View Full Version : NSLP

stripsqueez
06-27-2004, 08:49 AM
more 10/20 - KcQc in the cutoff - limp, limp to me - the button 3 bets and everybody but the SB calls - i was thinking cap...

flop is 7h 10c Jh - checked to the 3 bettor who bets - call/call/fold - i raise - the button 3 bets and i cap after both call before me

4 see the turn which is 6c - the BB bets out - UTG calls and i raise - button just calls - BB 3 bets - UTG calls 2 more - i cap and its 4 to the river

too bad about the river - 7d - UTG was a happy man having limped with 7s6s and nailed the buttons pre-flop 3 bet with J10o - the BB had AJs

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fyodor
06-27-2004, 11:23 AM
UTG is quite the optimist. Limping in an obviously aggressive game with 76s UTG can't be profitable long term. Then calling your raise and the 3 bet on the flop with bottom pair/no kicker moves him from the rose coloured glasses category all the way to obviously overdosed on prozac.

With all the betting the BB seems just a little too happy as well with TPTK. What does he think the rest of you have?

I can see you really like to push your draws. Must make for large swings.

I would say the Button is the sanest player at the table having come to the conclusion on the turn that maybe someone has flopped trips or the 89 straight. I would say that but then he was the one who 3 bet preflop with JTo.

Nice table

slavic
06-27-2004, 11:45 AM
i cap and its 4 to the river

You know this is slightly unprofitable unless 1 of your overcards is good. And with that much action I doubt an overcard is good, and the pot has reached a showdown size.

bugstud
06-27-2004, 02:46 PM
.6 vs .3 vs .1 vs .0... looks like value to me!

http://www.twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=Jh+Tc+7h+6c&d=&h=Kc+Qc%0D%0AJd+Td%0D%0A7s+6 s%0D%0AAs+Js

stripsqueez
06-27-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know this is slightly unprofitable unless 1 of your overcards is good. And with that much action I doubt an overcard is good, and the pot has reached a showdown size.

[/ QUOTE ]

leaving aside the maths - i like to take the opportunity to bet and raise with just a draw - its usually right and it cant be too wrong - its sensational image particularly when you get to show the winner

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

slavic
06-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Don't count out the math actually. I made an error in how I read the hand. 15 outs is more than enough to cap this. You are a shade over a 2 to 1 dog getting 3 to 1.