PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw... Right or wrong to bet the flop!

Siingo
06-27-2004, 06:59 AM
Mr Wild like XXXX almost always raise and never fold. Was it wrong to bet the flop. Should I have checkraised?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Hero raises, UTG+2 <font color="purple">(Mr Wild like XXXX)</font> calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
LAG checks, Hero bets, Mr Wild like XXXX raises, LAG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Mr Wild like XXXX bets, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Mr Wild like XXXX bets, Hero raises, Mr Wild like XXXX 3-bets, Hero caps, Mr Wild like XXXX calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Ad (flush, ace high).
Mr Wild like XXXX shows Tc Jh (two pair, tens and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.25 BB. </font>

By the way: Mr wild like XXXX is my best buddy now! In less then 10 minutes I was lucky and got good cards and played 3 hands against him and won $45, $37.5 and $29.5!!! After that he left =( Never played against a wilder person. Is there many players like that? Or was I just lucky today?

Piiop
06-27-2004, 07:18 AM
betting out is good. why do you need to check-raise if he's going to raise anyway. why not 3-bet the flop.

Siingo
06-27-2004, 07:31 AM
My thinking was that he had probably a better hand than I had at the moment. Thats why I did not 3-bet. If I would have had checkraised then maybe LAG would not have dropped and then I would not have to put so much money in the pot to make it grow. But ofcours then I also might have frighten Mr wild so much that I would not have got the same action at the river. Since he is wild, have I hard to put him on a hand.... Some thoughts about that?

Piiop
06-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Why do you think anyone has a better hand than you on the flop?? The only information you have is that they both called pre-flop and then the LAG checked the flop. There is no reason to think you don't have the best hand.

I think that the LAG folding is a good thing. You know the maniac will raise your flop bet which will make the LAG fold. It's good to be heads-up against a maniac.

Don't worry about Mr. Wild folding - he won't.

Siingo
06-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Then I see your point! /images/graemlins/cool.gif Thanks!

HajiShirazu
06-27-2004, 12:34 PM
With two cards to come you are a favorite over anything but KK/AA or a 9, so strongly consider making it 3 bets on the flop against this sort of player who often will have nothing.

LeftBack
06-27-2004, 12:53 PM
If you knew "Mr Wild like XXXX" was going to raise, why did you bet the flop? You forced LAG to call two cold; you could have gotten two more bets out of him.

Siingo
06-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Lol! This is wonderful. It feels so good to see that there is not only one good anser at this question. Now I both have the 3-beting and the checkraise. My bet call do not seem like the right anser anyway... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nothumb
06-27-2004, 06:49 PM
I would check the flop expecting Wild to bet, then go for the raise. If LAG folds I am happy to cap this flop and lead any card on the turn.

Getting heads up with a maniac is nice but since you're drawing to the nuts I think keeping the LAG in is good too, especially since he'll bet if you both make a hand.

NT