PDA

View Full Version : Too aggressive with AQo?

kem
06-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Maybe this is where a good read on the guy would help, but who plays this differently?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.25 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (8.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qc As (one pair, fours).
MP3 shows Js Jc (two pair, jacks and fours).
Outcome: MP3 wins 8.25 BB. </font>

RED_RAIN
06-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I give up on river. WHat do you put him on when he calls the flop and turn?

tech
06-27-2004, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHat do you put him on when he calls the flop and turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strong chance he was on a flush draw. Turned out not to be the case, but I think the river bet wins this pot enough times to make it profitable.

RED_RAIN
06-27-2004, 01:20 PM
tech are you kem?

I think if you put them on a flush draw, that is player dependent. Thus, your opinion on when this is a good bet or not.

tech
06-27-2004, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tech are you kem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmmmmm, no. Why do you ask?

RED_RAIN
06-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Oh wasn't sure if you were stating the hand result or what you thought hehehe

tech
06-27-2004, 01:38 PM
lol. No, I'm not kem and I don't have ESP. The results were in his post.

kem
06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I give up on river. WHat do you put him on when he calls the flop and turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

At these microlimits, he could have anything.. A3o, A6s, Q9s, etc.. I was thinking one big card, maybe a rag, not a pair. He didn't raise, so I wasn't too afraid.

kem
06-28-2004, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tech are you kem?

I think if you put them on a flush draw, that is player dependent. Thus, your opinion on when this is a good bet or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have been on the draw, but I wasn't really thinking that when he called the river. How would you have played the hand? Checked the turn or river and folded to a bet? Obviously I would have folded to a raise anywhere, but as long as he wasn't raising, I was betting....

RED_RAIN
06-28-2004, 11:06 PM
I'd bet the flop and turn, check river. Perhaps he was on a draw, and usually these microlimit players will check the river and you will take it down high card, but if you bet and he calls, you will lose most of the time, and if you check/call river, IMO it doesn't seem likely that you will win.