PDA

View Full Version : How should I increase my Hourly Rate?

Jman28
06-27-2004, 01:11 AM
I've been playing only $30+3 single table SNGs at Party the last month. I've taken my account from $300 up to $1200. I don't have the stats on my % ITM and so on, but I'm fairly sure that an increase like that is statistically significant to show that I am a winner in the long run. (As opposed to a crazy hot streak)

Right now, I'm only playing one table at a time. I feel like I can read much better with one table than two, and I haven't even attempted three. I have no problem losing some ROI for an increased hourly rate, if that would be the case playing more than one game. However, I'm wondering if rather than play two $30+3 I should step up to one $50+5. Can anyone tell me if there is an increase in ability here that would make this unprofitable? Or how you transitioned from one to two tables? Thanks a bunch

-Jman

stupidsucker
06-27-2004, 03:58 AM
I think it will take some getting used to, but playing 2 tables shouldnt be hard to adjust to, and even if your RoI drops some (and it most likely will especially at first), your hourly rate should increase by well over 50%. If I had to guess your hourly rate is probably close to about $10/hr now.. By staggering 2 tables at once you should be able to make $15-$17/hour.

In the early rounds its a lot of fold fold fold. While multitabling you sacrifice some reads for pure quanity. I play 2-4 at a time and simply cant play 1 at a time anymore. You have to keep your eyes moving and pay attention.

Good luck. I think its a very good idea to take advantage of being able to multitable.

hhboy77
06-27-2004, 07:00 AM
personally, i've had terrible results playing two tables at once. however, others seem to have had results that were quite good, so perhaps it is my deficiency. i tend to take a lot of time with all my decisions so perhaps that is part of the reason.

if you are thinking about doubling up tables, i think it would make sense to play a live nl game and a tournament at the same time. in a live game, the play is slower b/c it's at a full table and there is less changeover in players which means you should have a read on them after a while and not have to pay attention as closely.

hhboy77
06-27-2004, 07:01 AM
as for the fifties, it's what i play primarily because of a limited bankroll. if you can beat the 30's i'm sure you can beat the fifties too. i think the play is probably better, but by no means good.