PDA

View Full Version : Vegas "Double Play"

05-23-2002, 11:10 AM
30-60 at Bellagio. Babe is chatting with regular "AG" about options, stock market, etc. An "unknown" recreational player sitting to our left (and working a crossword puzzle at the table) has just put a beat on a local and remarks: "I know it's hard to knock YOU off a hand". The lady in the hand with him made a set of 9s on the turn, and he drew out to a flush on the river. I observe that this guy is "gunning" for the local crowd and is suspicious and paranoid about our motives. Anyway, I raise with AQ, AG makes it 3 to go and the "unknown" guy cold calls while saying "the Vegas Double Play, huh?". Babe folds her hand on the turn, but AG stays in and it's heads up with the "unknown" guy to the river. Unknown guy has the rags winner (with two pair 6,9) and states: "The old Vegas Double Play" doesn't work on me! Boy, did he show us!. Now I know what the Vegas "Double Play" is. The "Double Play" is beating 2 locals in one hand after calling 3 cold with rags! Hope he's in town for awhile....:D

05-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Babe,

I like the "Vegas Double Play" the Monte Carlo blackjack dealer pulled off & posted about down below better... /images/smile.gif

Billy

05-23-2002, 12:38 PM