PDA

View Full Version : Comments from anyone who has watched The Big Blind?

deacsoft
06-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Has anyone actually watched this movie? If so could we have some comments? And yes everyone, I've already heard all the stories about how dumb it looks, and how cheap it looks, etc, etc.

deacsoft
06-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Does this mean I'm going to have to "take one for the team" and be the first one to watch it?

Syntax
06-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Im just waiting for my copy to get in. I ordered it a while ago. From the attitude around here, I might be one of the few people looking forward to this movie.

deacsoft
06-27-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm a poker lover and a movie lover so it seems like a perfect match for me. However, it doesn't look all that appealing and I haven't heard anything about it outside of the preview and what's been posted here on 2+2. I hope you'll take the time to post a review once you get it and have watched it.

eastbay
06-27-2004, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean I'm going to have to "take one for the team" and be the first one to watch it?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been several threads with people who have watched it.

eastbay

deacsoft
06-27-2004, 06:05 AM
Anyone have a link to one of these threads?

mrbaseball
06-28-2004, 09:32 AM
I got it on Friday and watched it and was very disappointed. It sucks pretty bad. It has little poker content other than the typical quads over fullhouse type hands. The production quality is poor and the acting ridiculously over the top.

It's basically a mishmash of subplots dealing with the various lowlifes inhabiting a poker room. None of the characters or stories are all that intersting and many are totally annoying. The bright spot is Scotty who does a very good job of looking like a cool and smooth high stakes poker player. Type casting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Being about poker it is intriguing to poker players but I can't imagine any poker players not being completely dissatisfied with it.

Rating 72o a definite fold.

deacsoft
06-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Sorry you had to suffer through it. Your sacrifice will be note in the 2+2 scrolls of achievement. We thank you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Syntax
06-28-2004, 03:02 PM
I just got it and watched it myself. I was going to give it the same EXACT review as you did. Scotty was the absolute best part of that film. Did you watch all the way through the credits to the part where Scotty wins the WSOP. I almost turned it off when the credits started roll, glad I didn't, it was easily the best scene in the movie.

BoatLover88
06-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Ya wow, just watched it. If scotty wasn't so cool I woulda wasted an hour and a half. Instead I wasted about an hour and 20 minutes.