PDA

View Full Version : 40-80 hand

obi---one
06-26-2004, 06:27 PM
It is my second hand of the day, but I know all the players because I play with these beotches everyday. And the suck. But they have been beating me or at least making me break even for a few months. So I guess I suck worse. Anywayz, three players limp and I see the powerhouse q and 7 different suits. Like I said, I play with these guys everyday, so I complete about everyhand in the small blind, like i said I think they suck, except for their ability to hit gutshots to beat me for large pots. Anywayz, I check in the dark and the flop comes 9, 8, 6 rainbow. the big blind bets out and gets one caller. I call as well. I guess this game can be classified as loose aggressive, but very, very loose aggressive. So the turn is a queen completing the rainbow. The big blind bets and the other player besides myself in the pot folds. Action to me. My read on this guy is he has two cards. Anywayz, i check-raise, he looks at me with wide eyes and calls. I am 99.99 percent that I am very ahead now. The river is a king. Whats my move?

Nightwish
06-26-2004, 06:44 PM
If you put him on any 2 cards, it's an obvious river bet.

BTW, I'm not sure Q7o is such a good hand to play in the SB, even if you're getting 9:1. It'd be different if the SB were 2 chips and the BB 3 chips.

Also, can you explain the point of checking in the dark? Did you do it just for the hell of it or was there some message you were trying to send with it?

Michael Davis
06-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Possibly, your breaking even has more to do with the fact that you complete any hand in the small blind than the luck of your opponents.

-Michael

obi---one
06-26-2004, 10:04 PM
I just sat down and was trying to get some food, so i was looking for the waitress.

Steve Giufre
06-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey Ben,

Seems close between betting and checking. I think it depends on how likely he is to pay you off with a worse hand, how likely he is to bluff at it if you check, and whether or not he is capable of raising you with a worse hand on the river. Really player dependant.

random
06-27-2004, 05:40 PM
I love checking in the dark.

mike l.
06-27-2004, 06:25 PM
fold preflop and it's not close.
checkraise the flop.
bet the turn.
bet the river.