PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hands w/ Cowboys - I suck

Ralph Wiggum
06-26-2004, 06:24 PM
These hands happened at different tables at nearly the same time. Hand 2 was dealt, right after when Hand 1 was wrapping up. I can't look at these hands objectively, so I need help. Where do I play differently?

Hand 1:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.75 BB, between Hero, UTG+1 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (21.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 8h 8d (four of a kind, eights).
MP3 shows Th Jh (two pair, tens and eights).
Hero shows Kd Kh (two pair, kings and eights).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 21.75 BB. </font>

Hand 2:
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 35.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 35.50 BB, between Button, Hero and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (35.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kc Kh (two pair, kings and tens).
MP3 shows Qh Jh (straight, queen high).
Button shows 8s 8h (full house, eights full of tens).
Outcome: Button wins 35.50 BB. </font>

Xiphoid
06-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I think you played the turn too aggressively on both of these hands.

Hand 1:

PF: Fine
Flop: Fine
Turn: Bet/call a raise
River: Check/call

Hand 2

PF: Fine
Flop: Fine
Turn: Seeing that both MP3 and button are still in it and the top card has paired, go into check/call mode for the rest of the hand. Heads up, you can probably lead with a bet here and call a raise. Check/call the river.

tech
06-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Hand 1: The flop check/call and turn c/r almost certainly mean you are behind. I call down from there.

Hand 2: When he raises the turn, you are beat. It is reasonable to plan to call down from there, but I fold when it is two bets to me on the river.

gojacketz
06-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I thought I was the only one that ran into monsters like that...

I too am of the idea that at this level, the check/call on the flop followed by check/raise on the turn by an EP player means that you are beaten most of the time. Occasionally if there is a Q or J on the board, it will mean top pair/top kicker, but more often it means set or thereabouts.

When I got check/raised on the turn, I would probably slow down and check/call unless you improve.

Gojacketz

Leo Bello
06-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Two hands in a row with KK, and losing both. Wrap your things and move tables. :-)